• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Panel for Blu-ray?

theriverlethe

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
142
Are there any LCD "monitors" comparable to LCD HDTV's in terms of black level and contrast ratio?
 
I have been looking at both for about a year now. I would have to say hell no! you can not compare any computer lcd to a Kuro or one of the new Samsung LCD TVs. Beyond that you have to go bigger than 40 inches to really get the most out of blueray.

Man does it look good

Dave
 
Agreed, they look pretty incredible. Acer claims that their G24 has 50,000:1 dynamic contrast, but I haven't seen them available anywhere, and Acer is the reason I'm in the market for a new monitor anyway.
 
Are there any LCD "monitors" comparable to LCD HDTV's in terms of black level and contrast ratio?

Yes, sure.
Best values for consumer market monitors black level fall within 0.1- 0.2 cd/m2 and CR within 1100-1300:1.

No name LCD TVs may have:
Sceptre x42BV-FullHD LCD HDTV ~0.11cd/m2 // CR 1200:1;
VIZIO VU42LF LCD HDTV 0.13 cd/m2 // CR 748:1;
Westinghouse Digital TX-42F430S LCD HDTV ~0.11 cd/m2 // CR ~1200:1

Bettter example is Samsung LN-T5265F LCD 1080p HDTV with black level 0.08 cd/m2 and CR ~1700:1

Best LCD TV results are about 0.03 cd/m2 of black and CR = thousands:1.

Plasma:
Panasonic TH-42PZ700U HDTV Plasma is capable of 0.05 cd/m2 of black and CR~1400:1

$7500 plasma Pioneer KURO, of course, has better values. Even better than best LCD TVs.

I am in the market for the best 40-42" TV. So I pay attention to those things too.
 
Best panel for blu-ray is a white-wall with a front projector, projecting an image on it. Mine is 10 foot diagonal.
 
Back
Top