BEsT p4 motherboard

Asus P4C800-E, Intel has a good I875 solution. However it won't get you very far in overclocking. Alot of people would recommend the Abit solution although I won't due to the problems I have had with Abit over the years.

Just keep in mind the ASUS has problems booting off of the IDE RAID. I dont know if new BIOS or revisions fixed this issue.

As a result I have to move up to more expensive boards to find similar featurs that meet my requirements, and am not sure which motherboard to buy myself. The Gigabyte 8KNXP is very nice but the price has not dropped from close to 190+, except for one odd site on pricewatch which i will not order from.

P4C800 Deluxe-E is a good overclocking board if you get the mods done to it
droop mod and vdimm mod
droop is to stop vcore voltage flux while under load
and vdimm so you can increase dimm voltage higher
go to xtremesystems.org forums and search for those mods or ask someone todo it for you

Originally posted by sickpuppy
Just keep in mind the ASUS has problems booting off of the IDE RAID. I dont know if new BIOS or revisions fixed this issue.

As a result I have to move up to more expensive boards to find similar featurs that meet my requirements, and am not sure which motherboard to buy myself. The Gigabyte 8KNXP is very nice but the price has not dropped from close to 190+, except for one odd site on pricewatch which i will not order from.

Yes the problem with booting from the IDE RAID has been fixed. I recently installed a raid on a friends board and I had no trouble with it.

Originally posted by Sir-Fragalot
Asus P4C800-E, Intel has a good I875 solution. However it won't get you very far in overclocking. Alot of people would recommend the Abit solution although I won't due to the problems I have had with Abit over the years.

Sounds like how i feel about asus when they stuck it to me 2 times in a row when their "xtreme overclocking" rdram boards came out.

I was using a abit Th7II, but i switched to the new asus pc1066 board. p4t-c. the board maxed @ 153fsb, no pci/agp lock , and no volts over 1.6??

where was the extreme overclocking. I was running the abit @ 190fsb, with a fix agp/pci.

Then another asus board after that with the dual Rdram New style Rdram. It sucked. on $200 plus boards.

The Asus P4C800-E screwed me up the butt without lube...and then some. Sporadic board, performance dropped without doing anything, fluctuating voltage, hot northbridge...blech.

I'd give the Abit IS7/IC7-MAX3 a shot. Or maybe a DFI Lanparty.

my p4c800 deluxe e is working great I used to get a flux but nothing over 5% which is within spec the flux just disappeared :confused:
Maybe its the new bios update but its gone I got a bum chip but my 3.0c should be here tomorrow:cool:

I've had the opposite experience. I've never had an Asus board fluctuate more than 3% and generally never more than 2%.

All the Abit boards I owned fluctuated as much as 10% :eek:

The only thing I don't like is the voltage fluctuations which may be holding my OC'ing back.

Anyone have a link to an article on the voltage mod for it?

Thanks for the link. That was actually pretty clear about what to do. I don't know if my soldering skills are quite that good, but I do know some one whos skills are that good.

no prob
if that doesn't work PM a guy named "hell-fire" on xtremesytems forum
he'll do the mod for you but you have to send it to him via mail for couple of weeks

bang for the buck it seems to be the msi pt880 neo series. 67$ on newegg.
Im waiting one actually... hurry up purolator...

I'd really suggest anything but an MSI. I've never had any magic MSI boards.

Back