Best P4 HSF?

Banderon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Messages
282
Hey all, I'm ordering a P4 2.8Ghz 800mhz FSB, an Asus P4P800 Deluxe, and a 2 sticks of 512MB of Mushkin PC3500 2-2-2-5.

I want to overclock a bit and stick with standard air cooling. I don't want a jet engine in my house though, so what's the best HSF I can get that isn't too loud, but still cools well?
 
I love my Zalman CNPS7000AlCu, though most people will probabaly recommend a Thermalright SP-94 with a quiet fan
 
yeah i have a zal 7000cu and it runs great on my p4 3.0 o/ced to 3.6 on my abit ic7 max3.. i also have pc3500

i cant recommend a zal over a thermalallright because ive had no expirence with them.. but i still love my zal

you know what else is cool. that coolermaster jet 4.. i recently bought one and it is really neat

soon to go to koolance exos watercooler though lol

good luck
 
Zalman is a great HSF
i have no exp with this combo but here it goes: Thermalright SP-94 w/ 90mm Tornado
one loud ass mofo but i think it has superb cooling
 
Definitely a Zalman 7000 if you want quiet and effective cooling on an overclocked system.
 
what kinda cpu temps are you guys running with the zalman 7000? i'm at 18-19c at idle and 29-30c on full load with stock heat sink, just using some ceramique
 
Back
Top