Best P4 Cooler

mc_P

Limp Gawd
Just wondering What heatsink is the best for oc'n p4 besides the zalman ones. I dont like them becuase they look too ugly

Ouch, ugly. Well they keep things cool and quiet. However, I don't think most good hsf's will be aesthetically pleasing to you if u think the Zalmanns are ugly. U could try the Thermaltake ones.

lol you look at your heatsinks?! Yup Tt...but they r loUd
well its not like i sit there for 5 minutes staring into my case its just that how can you not notice it. Its just that big and ugly i cant stand them

I like my Zalman HSF :) although Im a bit worried stressing the mobo too much as it is quite heavy...imagine installing thermaltake silentower :eek:

Liquid nitrogen.

:D

But for practical purposes, your best bet with air cooling is a thermalright sp-94 or their new, 120mm one with a low noise panaflo. Performs better than zalman and is quieter than zalman. Ive had experience with both, I know.

thermalright sp94 and the zalman 7000cu are the two best aircoolers for the intels. the stock heatsink is not good for overclocking, my temps were about 65C with the stock heatsink, those dropped to about 60C using a thermaltake 7+, now they are at 50C using my koolance. keep in mind the abit reads temps 10-12C higher

p4 2.4b @ 2.750
abit ic7 max3

had the stock heatsink and changed it to thermalright sp94 with arctic silver and a thermaltake fan
temps dropped 10 C!!!!

from what i have read sp94 is the best but a bit costy
so....

8oD

computerpro3 said:
Liquid nitrogen.

:D

But for practical purposes, your best bet with air cooling is a thermalright sp-94 or their new, 120mm one with a low noise panaflo. Performs better than zalman and is quieter than zalman. Ive had experience with both, I know.

What is the 120mm cooler?

i like thermal take cause they are easier :rolleyes:

i used a slk-800 and a vantec tornade 80mm on a 2400xp, it overclocked like crazy(3200+ speeds(which was before bartons cames out). I just didn't like all that effort i had to put out to install it, it did look cool though and worked way better than a Tt would have. so meh just some input.

Since the Zalman is too"ugly" for you, go for the Thermalright SP-94 with a 92mm fan. Top notch cooling with it.

I think it's safe to say that (in general) regarding computers, you get what you pay for. I personally think the zalman is a beautiful cooler (have you ever seen one in real life?). The thermalright heatsinks are very attractive sinks as well, but you don't see them because there's a huge fan strapped to the top. The coolermaster jet THING (in my opinion) is one of the ugliest things that has ever come forth from the fiery depths of... anyways. You won't even be able to see the jet anyways, once it's mounted it'll be pointing sideways. I don't know your tastes so i can't recommend a sink... The thermalright sinks and the zalman 7k sinks are my current favorites, the rest of them look ... boring. If your tastes are a fan on top then just about any sink will do... if you're looking for something crazy on top like a jet blower... then i guess you'll be going with a coolermaster one huh? ;D

fine guess i'll get a zalman kooler and......... *sigh* deal with the horrors but i hope i can oc the shit out my cpu when i get it

you seriously think zalmans are ugly? you must have terrible taste.

imo performance is more important than looks, MUCH more important.

Back