• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Overclocking Cores Ever Made

Best Overclocking Cores Ever Made

  • Barton

    Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Palmeno

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winchestor

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venice

    Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Sandiego

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Northwood

    Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Presscott

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dothan

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Smithfield

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gallatin

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    36
Status
Not open for further replies.

54YW4T

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
1,644
Which do you think was or is the Best Overclocking Core Ever Made?

Edit: Crap, i spelled Prescott wrong. O well.
 
is this going by % overclock?

haven't had the chance to OC a venice, but my northy 2.4c had a 50% oc (2.4ghz -> 3.6ghz) and my mobile 2500 barton had a 50% oc (1.8ghz -> 2.75ghz). Those are the best i've had. Overall i'd have to say the P4 northwoods clocked very well, venice hasn't been around long enough for me to chose them. They'd be my second choice since i see better oc's from venices then i did from bartons.
 
Hmm, I had my old 1600 running at 2.1 ghz for a while and my Barton running at 2.8 (not very stable though.. :( )

Venice would probally be the king today..
 
I voted northwood because I have had a blast OCing every one I've had, but my favorite overclocking chip I've ever had was my pair of Celeron 366's that are still running butter smooth 605 on my old BP6.
 
ScretHate said:
T-bred B 1700s were smoking. I got mine up to 2.2ghz from an original 1.4.

Agreed. Mine is still running 2.3ghz solid. I'm sure with a little tweaking, I could go up to 2.4.
 
Why isn't T-bred on here? Everyone was getting at least 2.0-2.4 on the 1700's with stock cooling/volts! BAH!
 
I started out at 2.4...and slowly inched my way up to 3.7 on water cooling. That was not very stable, so now I run 3.4 no prob with great ram throughput and good latencies (for P4 at least). I have to say that quality RAM and PSU had A HUGE impact on the OC of this. When I was using bad ram and a poor PSU, I was not even able to hit 3.0.
 
Homer said:
**clears throat**. I believe you forgot Toledo....
you can call the toledo a sandiego, cause all the toledo is, 2 san diego cores.
 
You forgot Prestonia...
1.6ghz @ 3.28, and people have gotten lucky ones that will do 3.4
Percentage wise that's hard to beat :D
 
if we are rating on % overclock then its easyily the tbred "b" core, mine did up to 2.4ghz from 1.4, thats a nice ghz overclock.
 
who says venice can't OC a ghz? ;) I'm sure 75% of 3000+'s can do 2.8
 
though 1ghz is a lot different from 1.8-2.8. Once you try 1ghz overclock on say something that stocks at 3.2ghz, that could be difficult.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top