Best Overclocking 9800 Pro?

just get the built buy ati... ati card with a vga silencer would be nice
 
I think I'm going with the made by ATI with the VGA Silencer... thanks guys! Hopefully I can get a decent oc going with that setup. Wish I could swing a 9800XT but I can't! :( Happy new year!
 
Pretty sure he has his 9800 Pro by now and pretty sure your really really slow and late.
 
Hercules, I had a hercules 9800xt and it was best overclocking one compared to my friends ati and sapphire. It even came with its own overclocking software, very good.
 
lmfao this thread is 2 years old now

he prob has a LOT better card now (although a 9800pro is still fairly decent)
 
james111 said:
Sapphire FTW!
I was just going to recommend that, but then I realized that this is a very old thread and he probably has his card by now :p
 
lol i upgraded the 9800 pro after witnessing the bad performance on fear got the x800 pro now :p now it runs sweeet albeit at 1024-768 but much better graphics.
 
Yeah... how did he actually happen to stumble across this thread in the first place...
 
LOL I was like... wtf who cares before I realized how old this was. I still have the 900 pro Sapphire (in the Wife's machine) that I bought a long time ago ($365 when new). I don't overclock it, but I remember it was never very good at overclocking when I first got it.
 
Built by ATi cards dont overclock well at all. Most 9800 Pro cards are very limited on core overclocks untell you volt mod it. I cant even raise my 9800 pro 2 mhz on core befor it starts artifacting and heat isnt a issue. I still have a 9800 pro All in wonder in my computer. I bought it for 450$ with tax. Still runs all the newer games on decent settings with decent FPS of course with settings turned down some. Like medium/high settings on most games right now but i'm also limited by the 128mb my card has. Hopfully a new system this summer.
 
Back
Top