Best overall 19"-20" LCD?

jml90

Weaksauce
Looking for something good for gaming but not limited to it. I would like a good all around LCD I was looking at the Hyundai L90D+ Would this be a good choice or is there something better?

i recommend the Dell 2007WFP, especially since they are shipping the A02's now. the only other one i could recommend (if you're looking for something a little less expensive) would be the Viewsonic VX2025WM. you can find countless posts on this board about both and today you can't go wrong with either. i wouldn't even touch any other LCDs in the 19"-20" range unless you are looking for something specific like a glossy screen.

Whatever you do, don't get a 940bf. It has overshoot problems and backlight uniformity issues. For gaming the VX 922 is the best rated, but if you have the cash definately go for the
20WMGX2.

StaticSurge said:
Whatever you do, don't get a 940bf. It has overshoot problems and backlight uniformity issues. For gaming the VX 922 is the best rated, but if you have the cash definately go for the
20WMGX2.
Any verification on this? Reviews? Links? Pictures of your own 940BF?

Big Fat Duck said:
Considering what they're saying it's marketed towards, something tells me that the 940BX doesn't use the same sort of panel as the 940B and 940BF... I'll wait until it's actually released before thinking about it. LOL

Anybody else have experience with 940BFs?

Hands down the NEC 20WMGX2 is the best LCD out right now. I have one sitting next to my Dell 2005FPW and the it makes the Dell look like its broken and I can really see the "screen door" effect on it now. WOW, this LCD (the NEC) is pricey but it is AWESOME!

Sc0ttFern said:
Hands down the NEC 20WMGX2 is the best LCD out right now. I have one sitting next to my Dell 2005FPW and the it makes the Dell look like its broken and I can really see the "screen door" effect on it now. WOW, this LCD (the NEC) is pricey but it is AWESOME!

Without glossy it would be best, but now... no. At least when trying to think this from objective viewpoint.

I don't have any pics I sent it back and got another model of monitor. Maybe the uniformity problem isn't widespread but I'm not the first one to complain about it on the 940bf. And as for the overshoot tom's review of the monitor mentions it quite a bit, you can really see it scrolling webpages and in movies.

StaticSurge said:
I don't have any pics I sent it back and got another model of monitor. Maybe the uniformity problem isn't widespread but I'm not the first one to complain about it on the 940bf. And as for the overshoot tom's review of the monitor mentions it quite a bit, you can really see it scrolling webpages and in movies.
First, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "overshoot". Secondly... Tom's Hardware Guide? Tsk... Tsk... I'd sooner believe Sony's salespitch for the Nintendo Wii. LOL

That 20" Viewsonic looks excellent. Great price too. If I do decide to buy an LCD, that's probably the one that I will go for since it sounds like it really beats out the Dell 2007fwp and the NEC is far too expensive.

Btw, I wouldn't trust Tom's Hardware for reviews ....

Im thinking about the NEC super expensive one. It looks RIDICULOUSLY nice from the pictures that I saw.

I already have a Dell 2005 fpw, and I guess its pretty good. Nothing to write home about.

Was going to get another one, until I discovered the NEC.

pros : component-in that works! FTW!

Back