Best OS Preloaded install disk software?

compudocs

[H]ard|Gawd
I reload about 5-10 systems a week. All being different make and models. Is there a program out there that will allow me to create a OS disk that has my standard load of software and be loaded on different make and model of systems?

Thanks for any help in advanced.
Steve

What OS are you using? Without that piece of info, we can't go much further.

Windows XP mostly

Windows Vista Home Premium secondly

Eventually Windows 7 versions

You're going to need different images for each OS, but you can build in the apps. However, the process is different for each OS. You could use sysprep for XP, which is very easy to do. I think you'll need imageX for Vista and Windows 7. I'm only beginning to have a need for this, as I am rolling out Win 7 very soon.

Sysprep doesn't really handle differing hardware very well.

Maybe what you want is a nice unattended install script that you can just fire off & let it install everything at once. Fire it off the network & just let it do its thing.

Sysprep doesn't really handle differing hardware very well.
It does for me. All of my business systems have SATA drives on standard drive controllers, so I have no issues at all. Aside from that, you won't have issues with different hardware.

It does for me. All of my business systems have SATA drives on standard drive controllers, so I have no issues at all. Aside from that, you won't have issues with different hardware.
Plus, Vista and 7 do a better job at detecting changed hardware on boot and still starting.

So are you suggesting you can build one image on a Sata drive system, and as long as you distribute that to machines with Sata drives, it should work on all of them, regardless of hardware?

Considering these are business machines using Intel chipsets, that I run in IDE mode for XP, yes, it works across all of them. I keep a folder of drivers for each model on the root of C, such as C:\Drivers\Model. Once the system is done imaging, I load the individual drivers, apply any new updates, and then join it to the domain. You're hung up on the SATA drive part...the controller type is what matters.

Back