Best order to do my loop in

madmike0408

Limp Gawd
So I got my heater core (thanks again patriot71!) which was the last thing I was waiting on to get my loop together. Now I have my pump and tubing and all that good stuff and was wondering what order to do my loop in. I have an EVGA 680i Black Pearl motherboard and I'm only using the blocks on that for now until I can get some money for my video cards. What order should I do my loop in? This is how I have the tubing connected for now

Pump>CPU>Mosfet>NB>SB>RAD>RES

I saw somewhere its best to go from pump to rad then go from there, is that true? Will I need more than one RAD for the setup I have now?

Reservoir/T-Line before pump. Everything else just put in the cleanest order. You don't need to use extra tubing to put certain blocks first.

Reservoir/T-Line before pump. Everything else just put in the cleanest order. You don't need to use extra tubing to put certain blocks first.

Pretty much. The only reason you would put anything before anything else is if you wanted that item to be ever so slightly cooler.

Like the guys said before, it really doesn't make that big a difference, just put the res before the pump. It'll make filling the system and getting the air out much easier. I have heard of guys putting the pump right after the rad to help keep it cooler, but I'm not sure it really makes much of a difference.

why put the res higher than the rad? All the air will come out as you fill. Is there another reason?

why put the res higher than the rad? All the air will come out as you fill. Is there another reason?

The air will work its way out eventually, but it goes a lot faster if the res is at the highest point in the loop.

ah, okay. I have a swiftech microres that takes care of the air in pretty short order (5-10 minutes it's all out). I wish I would have done that when I was using a T-line though.

Reservoir should be feeding the pump...and should be higher than the pump...making the job easier for the pump from what I read. So your loop should start with the reservoir...then go to the input of the pump.

So order should be:

Res > Pump > Rest is just preference really. Eventually the line equalizes as far as temp goes. Of course whatever comes after the Rad will probably maintain a slightly cooler temp...so keep that in mind.

Back