• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

best onboard audio?

IDversusEGO

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
5,015
I am building a new PC for my car and I want it small as can be so I am sticking with onboard audio. Right now, what is the best onboard solution?
 
Hmmm I recall a board that has an onboard sb live chip, I would probably venture to say it is the best but I cant recall which manufacturor makes it.

Otherwise......they are all the same buddy.


Errrrr

What chipset are you looking at by the way?
 
none in particular yet. In this application, the CPU is not really a factor. It doesn't take much to playback mp3s and small divx movies. I am trying to find a fully featured board and I will buy the CPU based on that.
 
Well if you can find some of the old nforce 2 boards with the nvidia soundstorm chipset....


Those were pretty nice for onboard sound back in the day.
 
Shuttle SN25P
The Envy24PT audio controller + Wolfson WM8728 DAC = :)
 
Anime_Fan said:
Well if you can find some of the old nforce 2 boards with the nvidia soundstorm chipset....


Those were pretty nice for onboard sound back in the day.


I agree, but I thought they were better for real time 5.1 output. otherwise some of the DFI's have "HD audio," I have the board, but never used it.
 
I remember a mobo a while back that had an electron tube built on it for audio...dunno what came of it though...or even who made it.


if you gimme some time i'll try and find it, or if someone else knows what it is...
 
though i guess a good question to ask is what chip are you using? if intel LGA chips, im a huge fan of Azalia audio...
 
I still have a pc that has a nvidia soundstorm apu in it, i have it hooked up to my home theater, it works great. unfortunatley there isnt many nforce2 boards that can be purchased anymore, a quick look on pricewatch showed maybe 8 boards and only one of them as really worth getting.
 
Back
Top