Best Ogg Vorbis encoder?

Zippeh

Limp Gawd
Ive tried CDex to rip my cd's to Ogg Vorbis, but it creates very jittery files.

Whats the best one out there?

I use the Vorbis Tools with Exact Audio Copy. My Vorbis (at 128 KBps) files sound excellent.

I'm using the encoder inside Easy CD-DA Extractor 4.5.1 I'm not sure if it's a custom encoder or a public one though.

My OGG files (at 128kbps) are sounding awesome so far.

If the files are jittery it's a ripper problem, not an encoder problem (With probability 0.99999999)

Originally posted by eloj
If the files are jittery it's a ripper problem, not an encoder problem (With probability 0.99999999)
With CDex, I'd even go so far as to say it's a drive problem more than an encoder problem.

Try tweaking the settings, or try a different drive. It may be that your drive is in the early stages of failure.

Originally posted by XOR != OR
With CDex, I'd even go so far as to say it's a drive problem more than an encoder problem.

Try tweaking the settings, or try a different drive. It may be that your drive is in the early stages of failure.

Lol christ i hope not! only got it a couple of weeks ago!

Funny thing is, it only recognises one of my drives.

Originally posted by Zippeh
My opinion of CDROMs are so low, that I didn't even bat an eye thinking that a it might be failing at a couple weeks.

I just wish I could find a decent damn reader and writer.

If it isn't the drive, it maybe settings under windows or in cdex itself. The best way, sometimes, is to play with them and see what happens.

Originally posted by Zippeh

Funny thing is, it only recognises one of my drives.

Nvidia's IDE drivers are terrible (the 2.45 version at least). I'd check in Device Manager that your drive isn't stuck in PIO mode, instead of DMA.

Yeah my dvd drive wont go into DMA mode. Try as i might, it just reverts back to being PIO.

It is a pain in the arse.

Another weird thing, is the Alcohol 120% only recognises my dvd drive, whereas cdex only recognises my writer. Yet Windows picks up both of them no problem at all.

Back