Best Nintendo DS Local Link Multiplayer Games

horrorshow

Lakewood Original
So, I got my GF a DS for Christmas.

I picked up Trauma Center 2 and Professor Layton.

She wants me to pick up a DS and get us both a copy of Animal Crossing.

Are there any other local connect games that we could enjoy together?

I was thinking maybe Children of Mana?

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Me and few co-workers literally played thousands of games of Mario Kart after work over the past few years so that's my suggestion. In our experience, as long as there is the human element, it never gets old and the DS version of Mario Kart is the best one there is in my opinion. Once you both learn to snake that's when things start to get epic.

You'll get bored of Animal Crossing very quickly (there is very little game and really for the casual player), and Children of Mana is not very good. Get Mario Kart DS, and you could also get Elite Beat Agents for the both of you. Your GF will love it, and you can get pretty addicted to it as well.

they are right, Mario kart DS is a winner when it comes to local multiplayer.

My favorite game to play local multi is bomberman. The classic bomberman scenarios are awesome and best of all quick. Plus with download content, only one person needs the game, but most games that aren't story based will probably only need one cartridge.

You'll get bored of Animal Crossing very quickly (there is very little game and really for the casual player)...
At the risk of nitpicking, there's a ton of game in Animal Crossing, it's just that to get the most out of it takes months. It's what I would term "decompressed." Now, if you don't want to collect all the fish, all the insects, and all the other stuff the game offers, then there's not much enjoyment to be had. But, if you want to do all that stuff and play 30 to 60 minutes or so a day for a year, it can be quite fulfilling.

Back