• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best new itx board?

I love the layout there's plenty of room for an aftermarket cooler and a video card. Nice job Asrock this is quite possibly my next mobo and I'm not a fan of Asrock.
 
I wish I could access the VR-Zone site from Iraq, but I cant. I will have to wait till someone else posts it before I can see it.
 
Now that's a memory slot placement you never see...

9yM2Fl.jpg
 
I was thinking specifically of Mini ITX boards when I said that, sorry I wasn't clear. It's kind of an unusual design since it cuts into the IO stack area.
 
It looks like the space on the board is underutilized (Zotac would squeezed at least some of the following: USB3.0 headers, 2 more SATA ports, mini-PCI slot for a wireless card / bluetooth). Also, RAM slots are to close to the CPU socket, which is going to introduce some HSF-RAM limitations. Nice looking and functional board otherwise.
 
Also with a zotac board you get the wonderful features including bricking bios, non existant customer support, and the worst RMA process out of all manufacturers.

Their is more space on this board on the PCI Express side and less on the other because of the memory dimms, however, I see the samuel 17 fitting nicely on this board and similar coolers.
 
Also with a zotac board you get the wonderful features including bricking bios, non existant customer support, and the worst RMA process out of all manufacturers.

This..

I Wouldnt mind some higher end toys included, but for a mITX this is pretty feature packed anyway. Especially for us to ahve info this early
 
Hope I did not come across as saying that Zotac builds exemplary boards ... I've had my share of problems with them, including crappy BIOS (although I was careful enough not to brick the board) and a longer than what I consider normal RMA turn around. That aside, Zotac was often the only firm offering a specific feature (e.g., 6 SATA ports or onboard Wireless-N) in the mini-ITX format and it's rather sad that others don't bring heat to Zotac's feet by matching or surpassing them on the mobo features.
 
For some reason, I just do not trust Asrock.

Have 2 ASRock X58 boards running in my main pc and my VM server and another ASRock board running in my htpc.

not a single hiccup out of any of them. i actually look at their products first these days as they're usually less expensive.
 
Hope I did not come across as saying that Zotac builds exemplary boards ... I've had my share of problems with them, including crappy BIOS (although I was careful enough not to brick the board) and a longer than what I consider normal RMA turn around. That aside, Zotac was often the only firm offering a specific feature (e.g., 6 SATA ports or onboard Wireless-N) in the mini-ITX format and it's rather sad that others don't bring heat to Zotac's feet by matching or surpassing them on the mobo features.

No you didn't, I was just poking fun at Zotac. To be honest the more competition the better, and I agree that more sata ports and the addition of a mini pcie slot are nice bonuses, especially in such a small form factor.
 
Haters always gonna hate, happily I have never had any hard issues on my 9300-ITX boards and they are still chugging nicely.

As for the new board, I expect it to be good, read 8 phase pulsar PWMs and Volterra VRM so it sounds good for overclockers and for general reliability
 
Have 2 ASRock X58 boards running in my main pc and my VM server and another ASRock board running in my htpc.

not a single hiccup out of any of them. i actually look at their products first these days as they're usually less expensive.

All of a sudden, I trust ASRock.
 
All of a sudden, I trust ASRock.

I've had about five Asrock boards over the last 15 years, from s478 to current and none of them have failed. I've had five Zotac boards (s775 and am2) and all five have failed in about a year.
 
Back
Top