Best mp3 player under 6 gigs?

l3oosh

n00b
In your opinion which is the best flash mp3 player at the moment?

Which is the best hard drive based 6 gigs and under?

Thanks for any replies. I am currently in the market.

I havent checked them out in a while but back when I had an interest(not THAT long ago) I personally didnt like the ipod because honestly it was just to nice. Its much to easy to scuff and scratch even with all the iskins in the world, lol my issue is very "unapple" as most people love the ipod because of the way it looks.

I really liked the flash player sony put out with the 1gig storage and like 50 hours of battery life(another issue I had with ipod, 8hr battery). It was very small and had a seemingly nice menu design. I believe the one issue with it had something to do with the transfer software which of course sony always fumbles on but if thats not a huge issue I'd recommend the sony I guess. Some sort of network walkman...I forget the model(one had a FM tuner).

So far, the only high capacity flash drive players are the Ipod nanos at 2gb and 4gb. However, I'm sure other companies will come out with their own soon. I think Sandisk has one out or is getting ready to release one.
As for hard drive based, there's the mini, which you could probably get cheap since everybody is migrating to the nano. There's the Creative Zen Micro, which I've heard good and bad (navigation problems, freezing, the dreaded Creative headphone jack) problems. Don't know much about other players.

Rio Karma was believed to be the best value at 5GB. You can still get it but be careful: Rio went bust and they may not support the product.
As far as iPods are concerned I do not like them, simply put.
I mean the fact that you are coming to forums means you are critical mind and want to choose by the rationale. iPods are all hyped but not quality and not value products. iPods are for people who only watch TV, simply put :D
Your options are:

1. iRiver H10 5GB (also available in 10 and 20GB)
2. Zen Micro or Micro Photo - 4,5,6,8 GB

Do you need 6 GB or you are OK with 1GB if price is good? There is plenty of tiny, good players with up to 1 GB

btw. There is 4GB flash player available already from Sandisk: Sansa m200

BBowermaster said:
So far, the only high capacity flash drive players are the Ipod nanos at 2gb and 4gb.

The Zen Micro and the Sansa are both out now. There are others, but I don't keep close track of the market.

Uncle Jim said:
Rio Karma was believed to be the best value at 5GB. You can still get it but be careful: Rio went bust and they may not support the product.

I think you mean the Rio Carbon, the Karma is the 20GB model. Even though Rio went bust, I still wouldn't mind picking up a Carbon myself, that's a gorgeous little player with some great features. You may also be able to find a good deal on the Carbon since Rio is no more. If you don't want to go with that, I'll throw another recommendation for the iRiver H10. If only they kept the ogg support, that player would be perfect...

Creative Zen Micro, or wait a bit and get the ZM Photo, up to 8 gigs and an OLED color display.

They sound awesome also.

Creative Zen Micro, all the way. This MP3 player is simply amasing and it's so sexy.

Deadsexy said:
I really liked the flash player sony put out with the 1gig storage and like 50 hours of battery life(another issue I had with ipod, 8hr battery). It was very small and had a seemingly nice menu design. I believe the one issue with it had something to do with the transfer software which of course sony always fumbles on but if thats not a huge issue I'd recommend the sony I guess. Some sort of network walkman...I forget the model(one had a FM tuner).

I've been using the sony model you're talking about for the past 5 months, and the battery life IS amazing for such a small player. I typically get somewhere around 40+ hours out of it per charge.

Back