Best mouse for a "finger-gripper" with long fingers?

Koslov

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm desperately trying to find the perfect mouse. I have rather hands with long fingers...above the norm for sure. Sometimes people comment about how long my fingers are. I might have hidden alien genes.

As long as I can remember I've always used Logitech mice. For the past 5 years or so I've been using the MX5xx series starting from the MX500,MX510 and MX518. It has been tolerable but sometimes I get bad cramps in my fingers. Also what pisses me off the most is that my ring finger rests on the lower right curve itself. It isn't really comfortable. I move my mouse with my fingertips, with my hand resting on the desk.

I bought a Razer Deathadder a week ago and I can't describe how much I hated it. It was worst than the MX500 series from Logitech for me at least. The grip was awfull and the extra wide buttons WTF? They felt way too mushy and disturbing. They call those buttons non slip? I never felt something so slippery. A real joke.

I was thinking about buying a Razer Diamondback 3G but my experience with the Deathadder I'm not so sure anymore. I really want a mouse with 2 side buttons on the left side but I guess I could settle for 1...

I've read the 2007 mice benchmark but I fear it wasn't too helpful:
http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=22

Also some mice like the MX300 and G1 are almost impossible to find.

Please note that I game at 1920 x 1200

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have long fingers, use a fingertip grip, and never rest my palm on my mouse. I also prefer symmetrical mice. The Razer Diamondback has been perfect for 4 years now. Hope this helps.

I have a Diamondback and a Lachesis. I use the mouse in the same manner and prefer the Diamondback but use the Lachesis for the extra buttons. The Lachesis also seems to be picky with surface used.

-johnny

Logitech G3 if they're still selling it. Same shape as the original MX300 but with better internals.

I'm a "finger-gripper" with a preference for extreme sensitivity to minimize mouse travel. I shake my head at all those giant, hand-conforming, wrist-operated mice. :)

I've stuck with the Logitech ambidextrous design that was carried over to the MX300 and then the G3. The G3 is unfortunately not as comfortable as the MX300, but I still use it for the improved tracking engine.

The G3 has a textured grip on the sides, but it has worn away rather quickly in the spot on the right side where my 4th finger is in contact. Also, the back/forward buttons are a bit loose and not optimally positioned, so they are prone to being accidentally pressed occasionally in games with frantic action.

I remember really liking the triangular shape of the Logitech Wingman Gaming mouse with 3 full-sized main buttons. They should bring that back in a modern format.

If you don't bind the side buttons to anything in games, they won't interfere. :)

Razer mice are pretty small, aren't they? Diamondback is small for sure and if your fingers are cramped on Logitechs... I don't know if Razer is a good idea. Their newer models could be bigger, I suppose.

I'm a "finger tipper" with long fingers. I've tried a lot of mice, inlcuding pretty much all Razer and logitech mice. I keep staying with my Razer Copperhead. The ridge that goes down the side bothered me at first, as it digs into your thumb, but once I adjusted to the shape, it's been the best mouse I've ever used (for gaming).

Personally I like the way the MX Revolution mouse fits in my hand. I'ts the downward curve that does it for me. I have some pretty crooked hands and fingers though. They shoot fire sometimes. :eek:

I'd love to hear more suggestions guys. I've updated my main post.
My quest isn't over yet :(

I'm a "finger-gripper" with a preference for extreme sensitivity to minimize mouse travel. I shake my head at all those giant, hand-conforming, wrist-operated mice. :)

I've stuck with the Logitech ambidextrous design that was carried over to the MX300 and then the G3. The G3 is unfortunately not as comfortable as the MX300, but I still use it for the improved tracking engine.

The G3 has a textured grip on the sides, but it has worn away rather quickly in the spot on the right side where my 4th finger is in contact. Also, the back/forward buttons are a bit loose and not optimally positioned, so they are prone to being accidentally pressed occasionally in games with frantic action.

I remember really liking the triangular shape of the Logitech Wingman Gaming mouse with 3 full-sized main buttons. They should bring that back in a modern format.

You might like the Creative Fatal1ty 2020 then. I've never tried it though but this is based from the Wingman. Some people recommended it to me but it's hard to find and costs a lot

Back