best mobo and Ram to complement the AMD 2500+ Mobile chip

baldyguy

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to build a new system for my cousin, and right now I have about $600.00 to spend... I already have a hard drive and a case... so right now...

I'm set on buying an AMD 2500+ chip and buying a Radeon 9800 Pro...

So which is the best mobo and Ram to complement the AMD 2500+ Mobile chip?

think that you want to over clock the best boards for this would be the NF7-s rev 2 and/or the DFI ultra infinity.
as for ram, alot of people have different prefs. but i would just say get some braned ram that is around PC3200 or PC3500.

Wow that's a great price. I think I'm going to probably purchase this board soon... what are the temps on these boards on average?

Can someone tell me if there's any modification required to get the NF7-S to recognize a mobile chip. Also is it auto-magically unlocked and all that good stuff?

-Matt

Matt126 said:
Can someone tell me if there's any modification required to get the NF7-S to recognize a mobile chip. Also is it auto-magically unlocked and all that good stuff?

-Matt
the nf7-s and dfi infiniti satify all the XPM 2400+'s needs, no funny modding necessary. Go into bios, set the multi, up the fsb and fly. Yes the multi's are unlocked on the chip and the mobo handles the multi's equally well (some mobo's may be fussy with certain specific multi's though you can find out through trial and error).

baldyguy said:
I'm set on buying an AMD 2500+ chip and buying a Radeon 9800 Pro...

Any nForce2 Ultra 400 board will work nicely and should get a Barton 2500 to run at 2.2 Ghz or XP 3200 speeds. Besides the NF7 and DFI boards Epox makes a great board in the 8RDA3+ and it usually cheaper than the other two by a couple of bucks. Corsair ram is hard to go wrong with....

I own both the NF7-S and DFI Ultra Infinity 2. If this rig isn't going to be for you I would go with the NF7-S as the motherboard is considerably more stable over the DFI. DFI boards have massive bios problems which are only solved by flashing to a beta bios voiding your warrenty. Which is fine as long as it doesn't fubar the chip on the flash cause your able to flash back otherwise time to test bios hotswaping skills. I would say the NF7-S. If you have more questions feel free to PM me I have both boards and know them both very well.

NF7-S has Mobile 2500+ is at 2800Mhz @ 2.1 volt vcore 14x200
DFI has Mobile 2500+ is at 2700Mhz @ 2.0 volt vcore 13.5x200

Both are watercooled. DFI max's vcore at 2.0 volt NF7-S max's at 2.3 i think.

I would go with decent PC3200 for ram. I use Corsair XMS

Back