Best mic for in gaming voice chat ?

ng4ever

2[H]4U
I want a separate mic and not a headset. I already have a pair of Denon AHD 2000 headphones.

I have a Blue Yeti. The mic is fantastic, but it picks up too much ambience while team chatting. PC fan, mouse clicks, keyboard clicks, HVAC, wife vacuuming upstairs etc. A noise canceling mic on a headset is the best for the other side of the conversation.

Yup. I have a Blue Snowball (and it's huge), and it has a similar problem. Recommend something noise cancelling and headset mounted.

I have the 5 version. Beautiful mic. worth it. I used it on my Sennheiser 800 S when I owned it :)

Damn I miss that headset...

I replaced my headphone cable with a v-moda boom pro. Great mic that stays put where you move it. Very slim and light weight.. don't even notice it when i'm playing. Your headphones need to have detachable cable though.

http://v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/

This is why I couldn't even try their microphone. OP's headphones look to not be compatible with the Vmoda.

41ujUAbUSKL.jpg

Another vote for modmic. I've got a v4 and it's fantastic paired with my dt880 cans. Not sure what they've added to make v5, but I'm betting it's every bit as good as the v4 is.

Another vote for modmic. I've got a v4 and it's fantastic paired with my dt880 cans. Not sure what they've added to make v5, but I'm betting it's every bit as good as the v4 is.

Being able to switch from omni direction and uni directional

I recently upgraded to the v5, and I like that modmic 5 has a modular mute switch (removable). My modmic 4 developed a little problem with the built in mute switch after 2 to 2.5 years, and a modular one would make solving that quick and easy should something go wrong.

I am in a similar situation and was thinking about the razer mic with XLR (ambient noise reducing) functionality. Curious if anyone has had a good experience with it?

Back