• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best method to install 2nd video card?

onebelo

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
89
Currently running dual monitors on ATI Radeon HD4850 but Im wanting to add a 3rd monitor to it so I have a PCI card that I can use (Diamond ATI Radeon X1550). What would be the best method to intalling the 2nd video card? So that I dont come across any issues or conflicts later on.

- Should I uninstall current Catalyst Drivers and video card, shutdown, install 2nd video card, bootup and let Catalyst drivers installs drivers for both cards at same time? OR
- Just install 2nd video card and let windows find drivers for it?

Currently running Vista 64bit on Intel Q6600 / Gigabyte P965-DS3 (only one PCI-e X16 / 3 PCI-e 1x). Right now i have the 3rd monitor connected to an Ubuntu box so I have 2 sets of keyboard/mouse on my desk. So instead, Id rather use the 3rd LCD on my vista machine and just remote into Ubuntu so I can keep my desk less cluttered and just use one set of keyboard/mouse.
 
Since you've already got the ATI drivers installed, Windows should automatically detect the second card and apply the existing drivers to them as well. Try just popping in the card and see if it works. It should, but if not, then you should reinstall the drivers and give it a shot.
 
hmm just notice theres a newer catalyst driver than the one im using now .. guess i minus well uninstall and reinstall newer one :D
 
Back
Top