Best MB for Opty 165

MadAsHeck said:
I ended up going w/ the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI.

Here is the rest of the parts I ordered with it:

BFG Tech BFGR79256GTOCE Geforce 7900GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express
G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000)
ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT ATX12V 500W Power Supply
AMD Opteron 165 Denmark 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor
Western Digital Raptor WD360GD 36.7GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150
(will Raid 0 with my other 36 gig Raptor)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1
Scythe SCNJ-1000P 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink
Lian Li PC-V1000BPlus II Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

That is basically what i want to buy, except with a cm stacker!
can you comment on how you like the SLI-DR Expert?
thanks

So far so good. I thought for a while about getting the Stacker, but I always wanted a quality Lian Li case.

Once I had everything installed and running I did a quick up of the FSB to 250 and everything is perfectly stable so far. I havn't really had time to sit down and play with anything in the bios again yet.

I "may" have had a problem on the Silicon Image Raid controller for the SATA II ports. I got a BSOD on my first XP install half way thru the SB X-fi drivers and it fubar'd my XP install, so I reinstalled. On the next reboot I got a message about my hard drives having a problem or error. (I don't remember the message because it was about 5 am in the morning). So, I switched to the Nvidia Raid controller and rebuilt the raid and havn't had a problem since.

gotfrag? said:
That is basically what i want to buy, except with a cm stacker!

Hey mon, I have a Stacker 810 coming in 2 days. I'll let ya know what I think of it. One thing's 4 sure: at least I'll have PLENTY of room to work in there! w00t!

(Yeah, I still say "w00t!" :D )

Back