Best load balancing router? Dual wan.

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello folks. We have this satellite interent service that uses two dishes where each dish is connected to a modem. Now, these two modems feed a dual wan load balancing router. This router is miserable. It alwasys locks up, freezes, slows the connection, and has to be restarted every now and then to get into good working condition(Especially in wireless mode). I really hate it.

It is a draytek vigor 2930n. Here:

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2930.html

Can you suggest some high quality load balancing router that is of proven reliability?

Thanks.

Price range?
Features beyond just firewall? (gateway av, spam/web filter, vpn, etc)
Number of users?

Price is no problem.(Government)

No special features are really needed. Just the most common ones.

Number of users = 50

It will be great if it has WiFi capability.

Sounds like this is most famous now: D-LINK DI-LB604 2-WAN 4-PORT Load Balancing ROUTER.

It doesn't have wifi though, did somebody here tried it?

Thanks.

Price is "no problem" but you have now and are looking at some extremely low end dual wan routers.

Why not look at a Cisco router? An 1841 or a 2811 should be good enough.

Also take a look at Peplink. I deployed one of their products recently (after looking for an excuse for 2+ years to buy one). They are great little devices:

http://www.peplink.com/

If you buy through a reseller or distributor the price is cheaper by 10 to 15 percent.

Well yeah the price is no problem but you know this is just internet used for entertainment and directly related to work. So it is not worth it I guess to get something for > 800 dollars when you can get something that will work just fine for ~100 $$

using low end unsupported consumer gear like that is asking for trouble.
Cisco 1811, or something like a juniper SRX100 maybe.

Well yeah the price is no problem but you know this is just internet used for entertainment and directly related to work. So it is not worth it I guess to get something for > 800 dollars when you can get something that will work just fine for ~100 $$

You're the one who has to support it so buy whatever you feel is adequate. But my time is worth more to me than other people's money so I buy stuff that I know will work.

I have had nothing but great experiences with the Sonicwall TZ-210 with Wifi-N built in.

Well yeah the price is no problem but you know this is just internet used for entertainment and directly related to work.
Wow...this is off-topic, but what field do your users work in? I've never heard of a business that didn't need the internet to do work.

Back