Best Lian-Li Case?

alkoholik

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm thinking about upgrading my Thermaltake Tsunami case to a Li-Li was wondering what the most popular/best case they had right now.

I do like the look of the V1200B/1000 cases and would like a window and removable MB tray as well. I looked online and cant tell the differences between the 1000s and 1200s and the 1000/1200 Plus models....anyone care to share?

Well the V-series doesn't have a removable motherboard tray, so if that's something you need, don't waste your time with them. My vote goes to the PC-7, but it also doesn't have a removable motherboard tray. In that case, you might want to consider the PC-60, which is louder due to the use of 80mm fans, but it has the removable tray.

scrawnypaleguy said:
Well the V-series doesn't have a removable motherboard tray, so if that's something you need, don't waste your time with them. My vote goes to the PC-7, but it also doesn't have a removable motherboard tray. In that case, you might want to consider the PC-60, which is louder due to the use of 80mm fans, but it has the removable tray.

wow, none of the V-series have removable trays? Not really a big fan of the 80mm fans either....just too loud and dont push enough air as the 120mm. so only the PC series cases have the removable trays?

Silverstone makes a few cases with a removable motherboard tray, if thats what your after.

The V series are very easy to work in, you shouldnt need a mobo tray in them.

L1ght said:
Silverstone makes a few cases with a removable motherboard tray, if thats what your after.

The V series are very easy to work in, you shouldnt need a mobo tray in them.

ok...the tray really isnt a big deal....i just figured it would be easier to work with but if u say the V series are ok then ill go with that....do any come with the windows or is that a seperate purchase?

also, if i wanted to go with a liquid cooling case.....how does this one rank?
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/tai-chi/vb5001sna.asp

I love my V-2100!

I bought it because I wanted to work on a silent water rig, but also liked the monolithic appearance vs the V-2000.

I am also am a huge fan of the Hard Drive bay, it allows easy access to a huge number of drives, without having to uninstall any other components like many other cases.

really no such thing as a "Best lian-li" they are all great cases. Its just up to you and what you want to do with it. I personally have loved each of the lian li cases i have had. They served the purpose for what i got them :)

you can get v-1000 and v-1200 series cases with windows at performance-pcs.com.

Pas said:
you can get v-1000 and v-1200 series cases with windows at performance-pcs.com.

thank you

also, which is the better case? the 1000 or the 1200.....whats the difference between the two?

no such thing as better
if you really want to know you should SEARCH!

the v1200 series are longer, they address the issue with putting bigger psu's into the v1000
series cases, you wont have to cut out the center divider between the psu and the hds

whats the diff? about 4or so inches longer and $50 :)

v1200
Dimensions 24.6" x 8.3" x 19.3" DxWxH
11-112-090-08.JPG

v1000 dimensions
Dimensions 20.7" x 8.3" x 19.3"
11-112-086-08.JPG

applejacks said:
no such thing as better
if you really want to know you should SEARCH!

the v1200 series are longer, they address the issue with putting bigger psu's into the v1000
series cases, you wont have to cut out the center divider between the psu and the hds

whats the diff? about 4or so inches longer and $50 :)

hey thanks for the pics.....what would you define as a bigger PSU? I have a NeoPower 480 and a HE 500 not sure which one I'm going to use yet....would those fit in the 1000s? Also, what is the difference between the v1000 and the v1000 PLUS?

alkoholik said:
hey thanks for the pics.....what would you define as a bigger PSU? I have a NeoPower 480 and a HE 500 not sure which one I'm going to use yet....would those fit in the 1000s? Also, what is the difference between the v1000 and the v1000 PLUS?
No they would not, any modular psu wont fit in the v1000 without modification. It is easy to drill out the rivits to take out the center divider, but my guess is you wont want to do that to you brand new, expensive case.

u dont need to drill out the rivets anymore .. all the new v1000s have screws ..
so everything is easily removed .. ive had both the 1200 and 1000 and also the 2100 and 2000 .. the 1200 is just a tad too long .. if u unscrew the center divider in the v1000 modular psu wont be a problem ..

also if u unscrw the 2nd hd cage u could fit a 1k psu in there which is 9 inches long

jetjaguar said:
u dont need to drill out the rivets anymore .. all the new v1000s have screws ..
so everything is easily removed .. ive had both the 1200 and 1000 and also the 2100 and 2000 .. the 1200 is just a tad too long .. if u unscrew the center divider in the v1000 modular psu wont be a problem ..

also if u unscrw the 2nd hd cage u could fit a 1k psu in there which is 9 inches long

do those new models have a specific model number? how do i know that I'm purchasing a newer model from an e-tailer and not an old one? basically how do i tell the difference w/o physically inspecting it for the center divider w/ the screw?

I really like the PC-7 Plus which comes with two 120mm fans, a vent near the GPU, and a blowhole if you want to add a fan there.

if you buy from a major e-tailer like newegg you're almost guaranteed a new revision since they sell so much stuff.

~GoaT~ said:
if you buy from a major e-tailer like newegg you're almost guaranteed a new revision since they sell so much stuff.

most of the e-tailers dont carry the v1000 anymore or they are out of stock on them. newegg for example doesnt even have the v1000b and the window is OOS

the only place I was able to find one was the aforementioned performance-pcs.com and they want about $250 for it and I'm not even sure if that includes shipping.

and im still not sure exactly what the difference between the regular v1000 and the v1000 plus is

edit: nevermind just found the Cool PC-V1000Plus on the egg....still theyre OOS on the black window :(

~GoaT~ said:
You can get the window elsewhere though.

yeah but elsewhere its $50 + shipping when you can just get the case with it installed already....then ill have an extra panel that I wont need lying around

alkoholik said:
i dont think that is correct
nope, its

normal v1000 :

120mm Fans: 12 cm bearing fans x 2
External 3.5" Drive Bays: 1 x 5.25" to 3.5" converter with a FDD bezel

vs

v1000plus :

120mm Fans: 12 cm bearing fans x 2, 12 cm blower fan x 1
Expansion Slots: 7
External 3.5" Drive Bays: 1

apex32 said:
nope, its

normal v1000 :

120mm Fans: 12 cm bearing fans x 2
External 3.5" Drive Bays: 1 x 5.25" to 3.5" converter with a FDD bezel
vs

plus v1000:

120mm Fans: 12 cm bearing fans x 2, 12 cm blower fan x 1
Expansion Slots: 7
External 3.5" Drive Bays: 1

hmmm interesting.....thanks for the info
does anyone have pics comparing the two?

apex32 said:
insides are different as well.

They are almost identical though.

what is the difference again with the rear 120mm fan between the two? u mentioned it had a rear blow hole...looks as if they both have places to put fans....is it the regualar version 120mm fan is not removable while the plus' is?

it also looks as if the plus' has a larger space for the psu....

what do u say?

well their size is exactly the same. There isnt much difference other than some internal layout differences which is why they are the same price.... also the non plus has a weird rear 120mil setup id get the plus personally. and the plus looks like its easier to run psu cables and nicer inside

apex32 said:
well their size is exactly the same. There isnt much difference other than some internal layout differences which is why they are the same price.... also the non plus has a weird rear 120mil setup id get the plus personally. and the plus looks like its easier to run psu cables and nicer inside

i agree with you 100%....the plus looks a lot nicer and the rear fan is just strange. I pm-ed a couple people selling some here and trying to find some online. Couldnt find any e-tailers that had a plus with a window. I am not much of a modder so doing it myself is not an option.....also paying $50 for the window is a little on the expensive side. I emailed performance-pcs to see if they had any with the window....so hopefully that works out.

Thanks again to everyone that replied in this thread....looks as if I made my choice.

alkoholik said:
i agree with you 100%....the plus looks a lot nicer and the rear fan is just strange. I pm-ed a couple people selling some here and trying to find some online. Couldnt find any e-tailers that had a plus with a window. I am not much of a modder so doing it myself is not an option.....also paying $50 for the window is a little on the expensive side. I emailed performance-pcs to see if they had any with the window....so hopefully that works out.

Thanks again to everyone that replied in this thread....looks as if I made my choice.

They do, its an option you can add on for $50. So you should just get it from newegg for cheaper since their price for the case is higher, and if you should need to add a side window panel later, you can do so, it will cost the smae regardless if its at purchase with case or on its own.

apex32 said:
They do, its an option you can add on for $50. So you should just get it from newegg for cheaper since their price for the case is higher, and if you should need to add a side window panel later, you can do so, it will cost the smae regardless if its at purchase with case or on its own.

Thats what I was saying...I'm not going to pay $50 for it. If I did then I would have 2 side panels....one with a window and one without. NewEgg also does not have the side panel in stock for the black model. I really dont want to do it myself and dont have the tools to do it anyway. I'd rather just buy it with the window already installed but that may be hard to find. I guess if I can find one with the window then ill pay the $50 and get the window and try to sell the other side panel on here or ebay....maybe I'll get something for it.

alkoholik said:
Thats what I was saying...I'm not going to pay $50 for it. If I did then I would have 2 side panels....one with a window and one without. NewEgg also does not have the side panel in stock for the black model. I really dont want to do it myself and dont have the tools to do it anyway. I'd rather just buy it with the window already installed but that may be hard to find. I guess if I can find one with the window then ill pay the $50 and get the window and try to sell the other side panel on here or ebay....maybe I'll get something for it.

or get a PC7B Plus 2 and add a side panel for $10 :) its a great case

question about the front bezels for the cd/dvd roms

how does that attach to the drives? is it easy to install? also, if I have a beige drive will it matter if I install the black bezel on it? Will that look wierd or does the bezel do a nice job of hiding the color....or should I just get a black drive?

even my aspire bezel's hide it perfectly, i would expect the same from Li-Li

The front bezels I am thinking of are drive covers with a slightly moveable eject button that has a tray that flows down when the drive tray opens. If so, yes it will do a good job of stealthing your drives.

Just got an e-mail back from performance-pcs and they said the v1000b with the upgraded window is only $20 more. They list the case for $199 so the $20 upgrade would make it about $220. I emailed them back asking how much the total would come out to with tax and shipping.NewEgg has the same case w/o the window for $210 + $18 for shipping....so its basically $8 cheaper w/o shipping.

one thing about the lian li v1000 stealth drive cover for the cd drive .. it sucks ..
no matter what whenever i close the drive .. it goes half way in and gets stuck .. so i have to hold down the cover to get it to go back in

I **Lubs** my v1000plus... :)
Did order the side window seperately after i got it, but i had wanted a fan hole so was the best choice in my case. Am considering going to a V2000 for the room eventually though, as i keep on getting more drives, Peripherals, ect. They have a Watercooled V2000 version out (Bucky Edition i think), but it was frightfully expensive even though it was nice.
All in all, i do agree the Lian li's are great cases.....Haven't had any problems with any of them yet so far.

Back