• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best LCD for around 800$

MasiveMunkey

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 12, 2003
Messages
263
Im looking for a LCD for Gaming fo around 800$ im hoping since im going to buy a high quality one there will be little ghosting or none. I have no i dea where to look. If you could show me some reveiws and give me our personal hands on expireance id be very gratefull thanks.
 
Take some time and scroll back through a few weeks of this forum. The one thing you won't find is a lack of opinions ;)

Luck
 
If you can wait a month or two I would, just to see how the 8ms lcd's perform.
 
I dont really know too much but I havnt heard anything about 8ms LCDS coming out anytime soon from these forums?? O_O??! Ilooked around and am really confussed =( I wish there was just a LCD that was just plain better than all the others damn all these choices and I dont know what means what =(
 
gah ive been looking and stil havnt really found anything. Wondering if i should just keep with the 5 year oldpeiceof shit CRT. 8ms really coming out that soon?
 
dave_graham said:
VP912.

cheers,

dave
Does it have allot of glare? Also will it beat about the ft2001 from dell? I looked on newegg and someone said you can see yourself with so much glare thanks.
 
SAMSUNG 193P-Silver 19" LCD Monitor -RETAIL

I was recemended this from a friend would this be better?
 
Depends on the use of the monitor, the 193p looks great but it has a 20ms response time. If you play a lot of fps games then I would get at least a 12ms monitor, or even better wait for the 8ms monitors.
 
I just want a 12ms 19" gaming monitor. how much olonger till 8ms. Sorry for so many questions im spending allot of money and having trouble finding what I want.
 
MasiveMunkey said:
I just want a 12ms 19" gaming monitor. how much olonger till 8ms. Sorry for so many questions im spending allot of money and having trouble finding what I want.

Then the 193P isn't for you. It's meant for those who want the best color (in a budget).
 
MasiveMunkey said:
Does it have allot of glare? Also will it beat about the ft2001 from dell? I looked on newegg and someone said you can see yourself with so much glare thanks.
it's a 12ms panel.
it has an anti-glare coating that yes, is reflective, but is not that difficult to get used to.
it will spank the ft2001
cheers.

dave
 
Best display for $800 and under is the Dell 2000FP...hands down.

Check out the review here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=815963

As for the HS94P "spankin" the 2001FP, it's not true.:rolleyes:
In a real side-by-side comparison there is no detectable difference between the displays.
There is only a 4ms difference there folks...a CRT's response time is less than .06 or better.
The new 8ms displays coming out may be slightly improved but they will have inherent limitations as well.
 
MasiveMunkey said:
Im looking for a LCD for Gaming fo around 800$ im hoping since im going to buy a high quality one there will be little ghosting or none. I have no i dea where to look. If you could show me some reveiws and give me our personal hands on expireance id be very gratefull thanks.

www.dell.com 2001fp 20.1" ultra sharp... its 20% off + free shipping + no tax until the 6th of october.. just ordered mine, should be here the 10th... ill let you know how it is when i get it

comes out to 719.20 shipped to your front door
 
Back
Top