Best LCD for a CRT fan?

pugsley1218

Limp Gawd
Right now I am using a 19" Viewsonic G90f CRT monitor. I want to get an LCD, but I am scared of many things such as lower resolution, ghosting, lower refresh rates (aren't LCDs only 60 hertz?)

Would the 2405 be a good monitor?

pugsley1218 said:
Right now I am using a 19" Viewsonic G90f CRT monitor. I want to get an LCD, but I am scared of many things such as lower resolution, ghosting, lower refresh rates (aren't LCDs only 60 hertz?)

Would the 2405 be a good monitor?

For a CRT fan I would suggest a S-IPS panel with nice wide viewing angles that are nearly CRT like. Also S-IPS panels seem to have less input lag as well.

23" wide: 1920x1200

HP 2335

20" Wide: 1680x1050
Dell 2007fp
Nec 20WMGX2

20" Regular: 1600x1200
LG L2000C

I went from a CRT to the 2405. Sold it off since the viewing angles were terrible and the even with brightness at zero it hurt my eyes.

If you are a real fan of CRT, then there is no best LCD for you. Don't trash that CRT yet.

I just got my 2405 last week and was previously using a 22" viewsonic CRT. I was really worried that between the ghosting and input lag and native resolution scaling etc I would hate the LCD and want my CRT back. Now that I have the LCD I would never go back. Not only is it widescreen but the colors and everything look much more crisp and vibrant. I notice some tearing but nothing so bad that I cant ignore and I havent experienced any input lag or ghosting. <3 2405

Flying Fox said:
If you are a real fan of CRT, then there is no best LCD for you. Don't trash that CRT yet.

agreed, i am going to keep my 19" CRT until something better comes along, i never use the space behind my screen anyways, i dont care to spend 3x as much on a LCD to just save space and be resolution limited and all the other oddities of LCDs

cyrk said:
Nec 20WMGX2 LOVE IT... as good as my Sony G420 if not better.

I second that... I just trashed my CRT Sony Trinitron E440 and I was skeptical of LCD's I love this monitor. I'm a hardcore gamer and IT professional. Nec 20WMGX2 all the way..
:D

I just got my LCD (see sig) a few weeks ago. I came from a 21" Viewsonic CRT. I also was worried about the transition.

I must say I am very happy with my purchase. I know it isn't "the ultimate" LCD on the market right now but I am very satisfied and don't plan on going back to the ol' CRT.

Back