• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Large Touchscreen for Restaurant Kitchen

Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
3,306
I am looking to setup a touchscreen monitor and a computer in a restaurant kitchen. It will probably be run on a Dell XE computer so the heatsink won't get clogged with Flour or something.

I know that ELO makes a lot of POS touchscreens. So one of those would be a likely candidate for something that is durable and easy to clean. I don't think many consumer models would be able to stand up the the environment.

Has anyone done something like this? Should I really be asking in a different section of the forum?
Can anyone comment on durability / clean-ability of any touchscreen monitors they have used?

We are looking for 1920x1080 or other 1680x1050, not some small 15 inch POS screen..
 
You probably want a glass screen, to aid with the cleaning. I'm not sure that any of the Elo models have a glass cover. A glass cover will limit the places you can position the monitor, due to reflections.

Are there technical requirements for the touch interface? Is a single point touch workable with the POS system, or do you need multitouch?

Do you have a rough budget?

Should the screen have an chassis, or do you intend to integrate it into an enclosure?

I'd probably look at something like this:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...Screen/Solutions/TouchScreenDisplays/C2234SW/

http://www.google.com/products/cata...m=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1298354539953081606
 
Back
Top