Best Laptop: For College + Sims 3?

ZzBloopzZ

[H]ard|Gawd
I am out of the loop with laptops. I would like to get my sister a nice laptop for Christmas, since she has never gotten anything nice from my family.

Uses: College related tasks such as web browsing, MS office and movies. She is also a huge Sims 3 fanatic! Would Intel Graphics HD 4000 be sufficient?

Budget: Would prefer under $600, but up to $800 if I must.

Requirements: 14"-15.6" Screen, Latest gen Intel i3 - i7, Less than 5 LBS. I am thinking 14" would be a nice balance between usability and portability, as she commutes to college from home.

Other Thoughts: I have also been looking at these new Windows 8 touchscreen laptops. It seems pretty neat. My sister seemed to really like that feature as she does not like touchpad's too much.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I had my eye on the Lenovo Yoga but it is just too pricey for a laptop. Perhaps this? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+EN...lack/6879218.p?id=1218810021588&skuId=6879218 It was $600 during a sale last month.

Thinkpad Edge 430? As far as I know SIMS doesn't require a lot of graphics power so the HD 4000 will probably handle it just fine. Thinkpads are pretty good machines, though the 430 is a budget minded version. Good for school.

But they aren't the awesome looking flashy sorts of laptops. If she wants something that also looks cool you might take that into consideration? Ideapad Y series might be an option if you can find it in your price range.

The HP you linked isn't bad but I think you might be able to do better for the price? Not sure.

Back