Best Laptop for $1000???

AZBOOSTIN

Gawd
Looking for laptop for, light gaming, photo/video editing, dual boot linux/win7 good battery life... 1900 res is almost a must.....

I have been looking at this...

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-XPS-17-3D-i7-2630QM-2-9GHz-4GB-500GB-Quad-Core-/130530453335?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item1e6438a757#ht_502wt_1139"]Dell XPS 17 3D i7-2630QM 2.9GHz 4GB 500GB Quad Core | eBay[/ame]

is there any better for the price?

if you are into 17'' Sager NP5175, about $1k free shipping with i7 2630qm and 500gb hdd, comes with 1920x1080 screen, comes with GT555. If you would like something smaller, Sager NP5165 very similar just a slightly cheaper on 15'' factor.

I've never personally used sager are they any good?
Sager is a rebrand of CLEVO (mostly for the US), they been in th market for more than 10year, they are a brand that competes directly with alienware, their cooling setups are some of the best if not the best in the market with fully copper radiators and multple fan setups. The downside is they are a little on the heavy side and their looks are plain (or less flashy), but for some this is a big plus as they use them for working also. To me they are the best laptops in the market, not always i have the budgets to buy them though.

i have heard nothing, but good thing's about sager/clevo laptops they are on top of there game,

i would look at this website to get your laptop from

http://www.xoticpc.com/

also this is a good forum to check out as well which is nothing but for people with laptops and know alot about them and alot of information about laptops

http://forum.notebookreview.com/

The Dell XPS 15m has what your looking for in terms of specs and price. If you are thinking about carrying it with you as an every day laptop I would definately recommend the 15 inch screen over the 17 as right off the bat the battery life is going to be better, and it is going to end up being easier to carry.

One of my clients has a Sager as his work machine. Not at all a looker, but definitely a beast in terms of specs, and they seem to be built very well. Can't comment on the warranty though (if that is important to you).

See that is my biggest debate 15 vs 17 .... 1900 res will be nice on either, and I really don't know if the 17" would be worth the extra weight/battery and yes It will be glued to my hip. I have to manage my website 24/7.... and at home I can plug it into larger display... but 75% of the time i'm on the go...

Other then the barely 2.5 hours of battery life, the biggest problem I had with a 17" laptop was finding a place to put it.Spilled over the sides of airline tray tables, too big for many coffee shop tables, only a handful of good looking laptop bags accommodate 17, depending on what is in the laptop you have a 90-120W brick which is big and heavy as well.

After spending 3 years with a 17, all I can say is never again.

Check out the HP DV6t Quad Edition. 15.6 inch, 1080p screen, 6770m GPU, Quad core i7, and under 6 lbs to boot.
Also has a blu ray player. Comes in at around 1k for these options.

I'm thinking a Tinkpad T520 w/1080 matte screen option would be the best bet. They are built the best of all the laptops I've seen so far on the market. And if you're planning to manage a website 24/7 you need a laptop you can count on :cool:

Back