Best Keyboard

MightyGeekMan

Weaksauce
I'm looking for a great keyboard. What I'd really love is a wireless keyboard with back-lit keys, but barring that a wired one would be workable. It also should have a number pad, but if it doesn't it has got to be an awesome keyboard indeed. And while I'm at it I could also use a great mouse to go with it.

Any suggestions?

Well I'm not sure of any wireless backlit keyboards that feature num pad... there's the Microsoft Desktop 8000, but it has no num pad. I have always preferred the Saitek Eclipse 2 personally, it's built like a tank and the keys feel good to me... I love the fact that it doesn't have any "special" keys and requires no software. I also like the Creative Fatality keyboard, but I wish it came in red... or let me change the colors like the Saitek. Backlit keyboards would drain a wireless keyboard quick, that's most likely why it's not a widespread feature... but you can find several good wired backlit ones... there's also the Logitech G15, Razer Lycosa, Ideazon Merc Stealth, Saitek Cyborg (due in April), etc. but the Saitek Eclipse 2 is still my favorite personally. Well, happy searching.

the Logitech MX Revolution is a god amongst Mice, and their top end keyboard [I forget its name] is equally masterful [albeit $200]

That's what I thought about wireless keyboards, but I was hoping someone could prove me wrong. Oh well, then I guess I'll have to stick with wired. So then, what would be my best options at under $200 for both mouse and keyboard?

I am using the Saitek Eclipse 2 and the Logitech G9 at the moment, and I love them both.

Enermax Aurora keyboard is the best I've ever had. My mouse is the Razer Copperhead. Both are wired and both are fantastic.

i have a saitek 2 and i love it. the backlight isn't too bright, and has a dimmer setting, good keys, durable, etc.

as for mouse, i've been using the logi MX1000 and its done me just fine.

thread ressurection.

I have said it once and Ill say it again, the new thin apple keyboard is great.
Comming from a Saitek Eclipse II, and a G15, the apple keyboard is very different and a real crowd pleaser.

Just to put out there for anyone, if you tried it out in store and liked it, its plug and play with a PC.

the Logitech MX Revolution is a god amongst Mice, and their top end keyboard [I forget its name] is equally masterful [albeit $200]

The MX Revolution has shit accuracy. The G7's were FAR superior to them in regard to accuracy. (I have owned two G7's, an MX1000 and the MX Revolution) The latter two did not impress me. I could feel lag in them. The G7 however is indistinguishable from its' wired brethren in terms of tracking speed and accuracy.

I just ordered the Logitech MX Revolution desktop. I don't care about the MX mouse. I want to try the keyboard which has received a lot of praise.

I like the G15 Rev 2 also...feels nice and responsive...but that's all subjective I guess...

I feel like the best keyboard and mouse are the one's that adjust to ur hands the best.

I like the Logitech keyboards, but I prefer the feel of the Microsoft/Razer Reclusa. Yes I know it's a type of snake, but it's still the most stupidly appropriate name :p

It's not perfect, but as a more general purpose keyboard with gaming thrown in I like it quite a lot.

One slight issue with the backlighting is that there's a hefty amount of light leak from inbetween the keys - however I prefer the more manageable level of customisation it has and definitely the response of the keys for gaming and everyday use in comparison to the Logitech.

Thank you everyone! After all these suggestions I think I'm going to get the Saitek II and the Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse. I went to a local store and played with the mice they had and the Logitech MX Revolution felt the best to my hands. Since no one seems to carry the Saitek, I'm just going to get it based on all the positive reviews I've read.

Since no one seems to carry the Saitek, I'm just going to get it based on all the positive reviews I've read.

Best Buy carries Saitek, do you happen to have one near you? I'm waiting for them to get the Saitek Cyborg before May 31 (when my certs expire), otherwise I'll probably get the Logitech G15.

Back