Best IPS on a budget?

lsudvm

n00b
I am still using a 17 inch monitor with mY dual xeon setup. Biggest reason i am using this monitor is the colors ae a dead on accurate for photographic work/photoshop. Plus it has really good speakers for a monitor. It is several years old but no dead pixels. I deally i would like to migrate to a widescreen monitor something in the 21-23 inch range. The Dell e IPS screens come highly recommended but they dont have built in speakers which i like to reduce desk clutter. I dont game much so speakers are not a priority. Besides the dell IPS screens, are there any others to consider? Also the egg recently had some Asus TN panels on sale but the reviews were all over the place - some compained about the backlight bleed, others felt the colors were too vibrant etc. Any thoughts on what i should look at besides the dell IPSs?

If your doing photo work then stay with the IPS monitors. TN will not produce accuracy. If you weren't looking for a wide screen then I would say check out one of the older dell 2007fp IPS monitors. They are 20" but not wide screen. They can be had for ~$100 used.

Thanks for the info about the Dell 20". Ultimately the dell will still be the best choice.

Do you know if they may those speaker bar thingys for the dell widescreen IPS screens? I have seen some dell TN monitor have them.

I absolutely love my Asus ML239H.

23", LED, 1920x1080, IPS

Strange design, trying to be "fashionable" I guess, but its workable. HDMI and DSUB only, no DVI.

But bright, clean, mild AG coating, excellent color to my amateur eye.

Currently 169.99 after rebate. I got it for 169.99, no rebate, close to a year ago.

BB

I am currently using a Samsung 2333T that I bought last summer from Compusa they still have them, now for $135 open box. I have been really pleased with it for an IPS under $150 I think it's a steal.

NEC makes a 23" eIPS display. I think the new model number is EA232WMi and is LED backlit. I'm using the older EA231WMi which uses CCFL and I've been happy with it even without any sort of real calibration. Just ordered a few prints from a place that does their own color correction and they matched well enough to my screen for me not to worry about it. I think the new model retails around $300, perhaps slightly less.

Also I believe they have 2 built-in speakers so you shouldn't even have to get another set just for general usage.

ok so it's pva, still does very well at a very reasonable price, with great colors and great viewing angles and no back light bleed

NEC makes a 23" eIPS display. I think the new model number is EA232WMi and is LED backlit. I'm using the older EA231WMi which uses CCFL and I've been happy with it even without any sort of real calibration. Just ordered a few prints from a place that does their own color correction and they matched well enough to my screen for me not to worry about it. I think the new model retails around $300, perhaps slightly less.

Also I believe they have 2 built-in speakers so you shouldn't even have to get another set just for general usage.

Thanks for the tip about the NEC. My current monitor is an NEC and its been great so i may go with the IPS one

Back