Best iPhone App Ever

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a new app called free fall high score that challenges you to throw your iPhone off the highest place you can find for a high score! Screw it, why wait for an app? Just go throw your iPhone off a building right now! :D

A new game for the iPhone challenges you to not only drop your phone, but to do so off of as tall a structure as you can find. It's called Free Fall High Score, and it is undoubtedly the riskiest mobile game that we've seen.

Wasn't there some dude who accidentally dropped his iPhone from a cargo plane or something a little while ago and found that it still worked? That would win

anybody else thinking about taking their Iphone Bungee Jumping now :)

it will be great fun until some Russian cosmonaut brings back their iphone from the ISS with the ap running.

Isn't flying just the act of throwing yourself at the ground and missing?

Yup, the first time someone brings one onto ISS, or even just on the Virgin Galactic suborbital flights, they'll likely win. I'm assuming it just measures "weightlessness" as "falling", and measures time spent weightless. Virgin Galactic flights (if I read correctly,) will have about 5 minutes of weightlessness. So you won't get credit for 328,000 feet, but you'd get credit for at least a few tens of thousands.. (Since you'd get both the weightlessness going up to the top of the climb, and back down until the atmosphere starts slowing you down.)

Hey Steve, on the front page you need to get rid of the google +1 buttons, its causing the front page to 'lag' because it has to load the java script for each post.

Remember people, these are Apple Sheeple we are talking about, this is a win/win for the might Steve since what's the worst case scenario? That these dolts will smash their iphone and then run right out and buy another? Yeah, that would break Job's heart.

This is stupid, I bet it doesn't even account for terminal velocity...probably even gets thrown off before it hits terminal velocity due to air turbulence causing the phone rotate and shake as it falls.

I think its a funny app but i'm getting rid of my pos droid and getting an iphone 5 when they come out. First droid rock the new ones have to much bloat wear. And yes I know i can root it but i shouldn't have to root it just to make the damn thing work right.

I think its a funny app but i'm getting rid of my pos droid and getting an iphone 5 when they come out. First droid rock the new ones have to much bloat wear. And yes I know i can root it but i shouldn't have to root it just to make the damn thing work right.

Same goes with the iphone!

You have to jail break it, just to make it work right.

So your going from one evil to the next, and the next is much worse.

To you sir, I say good luck!

An app like that warms my (android) heart.

I would have never thrown my iPhone off a building.

But I can't wait until the day my contract is up so I can get rid of this piece of shit Android phone. I'm having trouble deciding how it should die. Fire or bullet.

But I can't wait until the day my contract is up so I can get rid of this piece of shit Android phone. I'm having trouble deciding how it should die. Fire or bullet.

I cannot describe the hatred I have towards Android.

The Android OS can die in a fire and I would rather drag my ball sack across a mile of broken glass than own another Android based device. I cannot put into words how much I hate Android. I'd say Android is more useless than tits on a man. I despise Android and want to destroy all Android devices brought into existence. I've owned three Android devices and NONE of them have worked and ALL of them have required numerous reboots PER DAY.

Fuck you, Android. Fuck you.

Nice sig. LOL.

And yeah, my hacked, modded and customized all to hell Captivate is running Android. Stably and smoothly.

LOLOLOL I'm so with you. Had the Motorola droid 1 and was happy with it. Have the droid 2 Global and the droid pro both pices of shit :) have to pull the battery at least once a day in my wifes phone (Droid pro) and every other day in mine it seams like. Motorola and there damn custom os crap and blot wear.

OEM,

Do you ever figure that its YOU that Android doesn't like ;)

+1 if you agree everyone!

OMFG!!! Quick, one of you guys write an Android app like this, BUT make it whoever throws a person holding an Iphone the furthest the winner.

OEM,

Apparently statistics would agree, BUT still... No feeding the troll please.

OEM,

You can't get more obvious of a troll than someone who treats "Android" like it's a monolithic entity where everything is equally the same (in bad and good) regardless of what would fall under that banner. You're equating the severely malnourished, underspecced phones to the top of the line ones... and it's not even just the hardware between the two, but also the software that comes installed on it, the custom UI if one was applied, etc...

But Apple just proves there's a lot of people who cannot handle making decisions for themselves.

Back