Best IDE RAID card ?

BassKozz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
311
What's the Best IDE (PATA) RAID controller Card available?

I purchased a LSI MegaRaid i4 from ebay and I've had nothing but problems with it (See HERE )

I lost $60 (Seller won't refund :( )... and I am looking for a new card.
p.s. RAID 5 support is a must.
Thanks,
-BassKozz
 
Are there any reviews/comparisions (side-by-side) of different IDE (pata) RAID controllers?
i've found alot for SATA but haven't found any for PATA :(
 
ya, pata raid-5 is hard to find. i did see a few, but those are $100+. as far as the reviews, i wouldnt know where to turn u for that.
 
protias said:
well, if u can change your review on that person, i would do that first. but for a raid 5 card, newegg has several.

RAID 0/1/0+1/5 JBOD

RAID 0/1/5/10 JBOD

RAID 0/1/5/10/50 JBOD

just pick your poison :p

I've read thru all the customer reviews @ NewEgg on all the IDE RAID controllers that support RAID 5... and there are mixed reviews everywhere, and it's hard to gauge actuall preformance from peoples opinions. I've also searched the hell out of google on this topic and the only reviews/comparisions on IDE Raid controllers are at least 4yrs old if not more, and the cards they review now have 1 or more revisions ahead of them.

I relize that PATA is soon to be obsolete (if not already obsolute with all the SATA drives out there), but my goal was to setup a CHEAP raid server, and IDE is the cheapest route to go... but now I regrete buying all these IDE HD's and I don't have a solid Controller to handle them :(

Since there aren't any reviews out there, can anyone from these forums give me some feedback on what IDE Raid controllers they are using and what there experiance has been?

Thanks,
-BassKozz
 
i have 2 raid controllers in 2 different machines. i do not, however, use them for raid, just to add drives.
 
Back
Top