• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best HSF for P4 3.2??

operaman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 16, 2004
Messages
1,180
I am getting a 3.2 P4. Is it worth it to buy a different HSF or is the stock cooler going to do the job if I do some oc'ing? Just wanted to check. I have some arctic silver I can use if I go with a new HSF. Thanks...:D :D :D

Also, what is a likely OC for this chip aircooled? I just don't trust the overclockers.com database, because people get some OC's on average that seem off the charts. Please include settings. The board I am using is an Albatron 865PE Pro II for reference
 
Best overall is the Thermalright SP-94 with a 92 mm fan pushing some air around (Panaflos, vantecs, etc.).

You can OC on stock cooling, the temps just get toastier.

And answer to how much you can OC? Unknown. All chips don't OC the same way. Provided that you have any decent RAM for OCing, I'd say expect a return in the 3.4 - 3.6 Ghz zone.
 
You can also consider the Zalman 7000, a top notch cooler that's extremely quiet.
 
Back
Top