best hp mini wifi card for sandy bridge

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an HP DV6-6047cl Its an I7 sandy bridge laptop with HD 3000 and Radeon 128 bit HD6770 1GB discrete DX 11 graphics. 8GB ram 180 GB intel SSD with a 750 GB hybrid Seagate HDD in a caddy in the dvd tray. The original mini wifi card with Bluetooth was a Broadcom ralink wireless N I think. Anyway the bluetooth was always flaky so I pulled it out and am using a generic bluetooth usb dongle. However I would like to have WIDI display. I read that you must use a card listed in the DV6 Service manual. There are three listed that meet the Intel Spec for WIDI Display N1000, Advanced N 6150 w Wimax or N6230 these are all Centrino. I found them on Ebay. Which wouldb the best for Wirless display?

I think that the Intel AC 7260 should do what you need. Check out this newegg link
One thing to check is to make sure your laptop does not black list wifi card however.

I found this post for a modified bios (to install osx) but it removes the black list so I am sure if you dig enough you could get that 7260 installed ;)

I have downloaded the bios thanks for the advice. Never thought about a modded bios. I will do further research before I flash though don't want to accidentlly screw up a good machine.

Back