Best Heatsink that fits Abit IC7-Max 3?

Ribby

Weaksauce
Well my last Abit board (IC7-G) had the retaining clips on the northbridge fan fall off. Needless to say I was annoyed, and the board pretty much cooked itself.

I'm fairly busy so I get a local shop to do all the repair work, the guy just called and said that my previous heatsink (Alpha 8942?) doesn't fit with the cooling parts on the MAX 3.

Does anyone know what a good heatsink would be - I have an 80mm panaflo, the sound level is not a huge concern, but I'd prefer it to be tolerable (think low to mid range noise level)?

The weird thing is the IC7-G would boot cold, but have an error trying to load windows, and once rebooted it would give me a long single beep in a loop...

I'm fairly annoyed having the clips fall off like that.

the sp-94 w/ a 92mm panaflo would probably suit your needs. what does the guy mean by it 'not fitting'? doesn't the alpha heatsink not protrude from around the mounting bracket?

Originally posted by rogue_jedi
the sp-94 w/ a 92mm panaflo would probably suit your needs. what does the guy mean by it 'not fitting'? doesn't the alpha heatsink not protrude from around the mounting bracket?

Yup. get a Panaflo Ultra 43dba/69cfm. Very good result and silent.

Originally posted by rogue_jedi

From the sounds of it he said the plastic cooling parts literally extend too far to where the heatsink must sit, and so the heatsink wouldn't mount.

I can get the heatsink locally (the SP-94) but for the time being he says he's sticking the intel 3ghz stock one on. I'll see how it runs compared to the previous alpha, and should I not be stable at my old 3.3ghz I will get the SP-94.

Thanks for the input guys! :)

Originally posted by acascianelli
that considered silent?

For Panaflo yes.

In dba there is to world for me, the panaflo dba, wich is a silent hum and the other fans dba, wich is a whine.

If you compare a panaflo with another fan with exact same dba, you would agree that the panaflo make less noise.

Back