Best headset?

Not a bad setup. Go for 3.5mm headphones over USB.

I prefer open headphones, you get a larger sound stage/better 3d positioning. But closed cans like the 350 should provide deeper bass.

I am happy with my Xonar DX + AD-700. I got the sound card around 3yrs ago and the headphones within the past year. If I had to get a new sound card now it would be the Creative Titanium HD. I would still get the same cans or maybe consider the AD-900. They are light weight and airy. I like them.

GL

+1
I have a Titanium HD, HD598 and a USB desktop mic

Getting a USB desktop mic opens up your choices for headphones and since there are a greater amount of good headphones than headsets, you're better off going this route.

Personally i would save up a little bit more and get a good sound card that is able to drive the headphones of your choice. Good audio always needs to start at the source, you probably won't be pleased with a cheap soundcard and expensive headphones.

Is the Sennheiser PC360 a big step above the PC350's? I got this pack about a year ago, and have been thinking about upgrading to a pair of the PC360's, but not sure if it's worth the upgrade price.

Zalman $10 clip-on mic, best purchase I've made for my HD580/HARX700 or other random cans laying around.

+1
I have a Titanium HD, HD598 and a USB desktop mic

Getting a USB desktop mic opens up your choices for headphones and since there are a greater amount of good headphones than headsets, you're better off going this route.

Personally i would save up a little bit more and get a good sound card that is able to drive the headphones of your choice. Good audio always needs to start at the source, you probably won't be pleased with a cheap soundcard and expensive headphones.

Agreed, this is the route I went. I bought the Logitech C910 webcam and it doubles as an excellent microphone. Then ended up getting the Sennheiser HD600. The great thing about standalone headphones is that you can use it when you're not using your pc.

I am considering the Denons and the Beyerdynamics, looking into the pros and cons of each.

Back