Best Headphones with Mic for Blackberry Bold 9700

pixelperfect

Weaksauce
Hi,
I'm looking for some sweet big over the ear headphones with a mic so I can take calls as well. I been looking around and the Bose and Sennheiser headphones are great but they don't have a mic for my phone... :(

I did check out the "Monster beats by Dr. Dre" that do have a mic but they are expensive.. I'm looking for recommendations, what the best value with a mic.

Thanks.

you're not going to find much, there's no market for it. MAYBE pro DJ headphones. I know Sennheiser makes the HD-1 headphones with mics for the NFL.

Oh, and those Dre headphones are pretty much garbage, just letting you know. If you care about sound at all, you're better off with in-ears.

I know you mention over the ear, but here is another bump for the bose mobile in-ear. They are really comfy and the sound is good, the only issue I have with them is that they have no noise canceling whatsoever and I often find the sound completely drowned out by the noise on the bus.

Oh god, no, anything but Bose. You might be better off asking at Head-fi.org they're pretty much the authority,

you're not going to find much, there's no market for it. MAYBE pro DJ headphones. I know Sennheiser makes the HD-1 headphones with mics for the NFL.

Oh, and those Dre headphones are pretty much garbage, just letting you know. If you care about sound at all, you're better off with in-ears.

Actually, the solo's (The smaller pair) sound far better than the large ones ;) Take a listen if you have a chance. Not worth the price still but if you can get a discount heh ;)

Oh god, no, anything but Bose. You might be better off asking at Head-fi.org they're pretty much the authority,

I'm sorry but that is horrible advice. "Best headphones with Mic for Blackberry Bold 9700" is the title of this thread. The Bose in-ear mobile headphones are a pretty damn good solution for $100. I have both (headphones and bb) and it works fine (although I use them on my touch now, gotta love the button on the headphones...).

Regarding the Beats headphones, I gave them a listen and the sound wasn't great and they felt bulky on my head. The smudge marks on them were kinda nasty also (public display at Best Buy). Especially considering the price, I wouldn't buy them (not into the look either, ymmv).

Soul, I'll take a pair of $50 Ultimate Ears (with mic) over the Bose any day (which are $130, not $99). Here, I'll even give some examples (and can be found a lot cheaper than my links):

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_M11P_In_Ear_Headphone_with_Mic_p/earphone-m11p-mee.htm

http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimateears/store/products/metrofi220vi.php

If you want to match that $99, I'd go with these:

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/image-s4i-overview/

In fact, here's an excellent thread on the matter:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/...-ne7m-vs-ip-hs5-vs-meelec-m11p-vs-s4i-477312/

Last edited:
All I am saying is that the Bose in-ear are nice headphones. I understand that it is popular amongst the audiophiles to be anti-bose. I am not saying Bose is the best, or that Bose isn't overpriced. Again, all I am saying is that they are nice mobile capable headphones.

For what it's worth, I have owned a pair of Shure and Klipsch in-ear (they weren't mobile ready) and was not happy with either.

I would agree that there are many options out there, just stating my opinion. While I also understand that you are stating your opinion, I think the "oh my god Bose is the worst" is more fanboyism than the truth.

There were times when Bose made decent products, about 10 years ago or longer. However, I've heard the in ears you're talking about, and I've seen $25 in ears beat them for musical accuracy. They're just very exaggerated and bass heavy, no high end, but the mids are halfway decent. Frankly, I'd put my M6s against them any day, and they're $100 LESS.

have you checked out Crackberry's store, jesus what don't they have. Check it out!!

these are pretty good. i have them. good bluetooth range and pretty decent sound quality. not terrible battery life.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
All I am saying is that the Bose in-ear are nice headphones.

No, they are not. They are okay and not bad, but not "nice", and definitely not worth the $100.

Just buy a pair of decent over-ears and buy a separate in-line microphone. The in-line adapter I have works fine with both my iPhone 3GS and Bold 9700 with all of my headphones. You'll get better sound than integrated solutions, and it'll be cheaper. You'll just have to deal with a longer cord.

Last edited:
Back