Best Headphones for ~$150? [Gaming & Some music]

I guess I'll be going for the A900s when I get the cash together...unless someone has another counter-argument? I'm loving this discussion :)

Or maybe I'll stick with the X-530s. They don't sound bad...and the sub is just really nice and tight.

basically it comes down to what type of sound you like. The A900s have incredibly clear highs, mids are ok, bass is tight depending on the music but isnt as much as a DT770. The DT770 is supposed to have decent highs, ok mids, lot of bass and sound warmer. If your a basshead then the DT770s would probably be better.

...unless someone has another counter-argument?
P-L-E-A-T-H-E-R :(:(:( Do the right thing! I've heard both, if only briefly and I'm sticking to my 770's. :) The comfort factor is strong w/ them.

Is it at all possible to check some out @ a Guitar Center, Fry's Electronics, or other high end audio store?

I jsut bought the AD700's How I read they are better than the A900's? Should have asked here before I purchased them :(

A700/900's for closed, AD700/900 for opened.

Audio-Technica FTW. I love my ATH-A900's.

A700/900's for closed, AD700/900 for opened.

Audio-Technica FTW. I love my ATH-A900's.

Thanks, I think I paid too mcuh $113 shipped, probably should have just gone for the AD900's.

Oh well I have some Sen PX-100's as long as they sound twice as good as those I will be happy.

I tend to find I like Open headphones much better, Unless I'm in a plane or noisy area, in which case I'll be wearing some much smaller headphones out in public anyways.

$113 shipped is not that bad for AD700s.
Quit complaining and just enjoy them. :p

$113 shipped is not that bad for AD700s.
Quit complaining and just enjoy them. :p

Ok Ok, comoing from the headphone King Himself I'm sure I will be happy then. But they are not here yet! :p

your going to die when I tell you I'm using onboard sound anyways. Although the Realtek chipset on my DFI expert is supposed to be pretty damn good better than older cards like SB Live! anyways. Digital SPDIF all kinds of ourputs etc. But I don't know much about it, so I will not pretend.

Back