best hardwired router?

hershey

Weaksauce
just a question, a newbie question i suppose. i have 2 comps, 1 videophone, and an xbox plugged into my linksys hardwired router, it's an etherfast router with a 4 port switch. anyway, i'm looking for the best, lowest latency hardwired router that will give me excellent performance. Should I stick with the one i already have? It doesnt seem to be that great when i play some online games. If someone could just share some of their leet knowledge it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I doubt that the router is causing your problems.

You need a bandwith upgrade!

I suspect the Video phone would saturate your available bandwith pretty badly when your using it. And if you have people downloading etc. while you are plyaing on Xbox Live...

I think it's most likely that you don't have enough bandwith to go around to all of your bandwith hungary internet toys. :)

well i have 4 meg comcast, not that i really get it, but its still faster than most standard dsl's out there, so i should be good. i just get some warp when nothing is on but my computer, and when i'm playing games people just ghost everywhere, i've always had that problem with routers, and i've always bought linksys routers, just wondering if theres a fastest one ie netgear or something i should invest in

Back