best hard drive image backup program?

Blasterboy460

[H]ard|Gawd
i posted in another thread witch was not answered so i decided to make this post, what is the best image program that will allow me to make and image of a fresh format with my basic apps, prefrablly able to burn on a dvd-r if possible?

Norton Ghost 2003 hands down is the best, and will do everything you want.

Not so fast - I've used both Ghost and Acronis True Image, and I've found True Image is easier to use, especially during the initial configuration. I believe both are around the same price. Good luck! :)

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Drive Image lately, but I haven't had a chance t try it.

I have ghost 2003... and when I actually had to use it, it was so easy (thats especially impressive considering how little I knew when I was using it)

I'd say go with norton.

Originally posted by djnes
Norton Ghost 2003 hands down is the best, and will do everything you want.

agreed, however few ever both to actually learn Ghost
ease of use is one thing, advanced features is another
the best by definition would be the ap capable of tasks the other are not as the primary function, even if that takes some schoolin :p

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/pfdocs/1998082612540625
http://ghost.radified.com/ghost_1.htm

also consider g4u in the freeware category

As I posted in the other thread.

Originally posted by digitalman
I personally like what used to be PowerQuest Drive Image 7.0. Last December they were bought out by Symantec. Ghost 2003 is good but I don't like the fact that it has no mouse suppoert in DOS. Both programs support writing to a DVD burner.

another vote for Norton Ghost here... used it dozens of times and LOVE it....

QwertyJuan

been using true image 7 here, works great. no problems so far, only used it a couple times though. Its pretty slick in how it does it, the whole process is done in windows.

Originally posted by Flak Pyro
been using true image 7 here, works great. no problems so far, only used it a couple times though. Its pretty slick in how it does it, the whole process is done in windows.

While it is a nice program it does not support DVD burners. :(

I love Acronis' PartitionExpert 2003. :)

I agree with Norton Ghost 2003.

I had it sitting around for quite a while and never gotten around to using it. Just starting using it a few months ago and it makes everything so much easier. Takes a long time to reinstall all the necessary programs and get all settings perfected. So it definately saves a lot of time and extremely easy to use.

While it is a nice program it does not support DVD burners.

If you want DVD burner support go with Drive Image 7.It's a great all around program. Everything is done in windows. Very easy to use.

Back