Best Hard drive enclosure?

ShogunCS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
176
Hey guys, I've been looking around on the net for a good hard drive enclosure. I need one that can support both USB 2.0 and Firewire 800. Also, I need to have active cooling in the unit or at least one that has great passive cooling. I've noticed both the advance.Vantec Nexstar 3 and the Venus DS series enclosures are quite nice, do you guys have any other ideas or suggestions regarding the above mentioned criteria? Thanks in advance. :D

P.S. Don't worry about prices just post the best enclosures you guys know of!
 
That Vantec Nexstar 3 looks identical to this Bytecc:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817145370

None of them are getting good reviews. The general concensus is flimsy, difficult, unreliable and hot-running.

-Larry



ShogunCS said:
Hey guys, I've been looking around on the net for a good hard drive enclosure. I need one that can support both USB 2.0 and Firewire 800. Also, I need to have active cooling in the unit or at least one that has great passive cooling. I've noticed both the advance.Vantec Nexstar 3 and the Venus DS series enclosures are quite nice, do you guys have any other ideas or suggestions regarding the above mentioned criteria? Thanks in advance. :D

P.S. Don't worry about prices just post the best enclosures you guys know of!
 
So which one do you guys think is good? Should I just go with the Venus one or is there an enclosure out there that is the same but with firewire 800. I would get the Venus right now if it was firewire 800 but unfortunetaly it is only firewire 400.
 
Back
Top