Best GPU Thermal Paste?

ex0du5

Gawd
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
873
I was ordering some Innovation Cooling Diamond thermal compound for my CPU, and was thinking I might get some paste for my GPU as well. Now, I know the GPU paste needs to be spread, in which case the icd7 is probably not a good choice. Also, I won't want to have to reapply every 6 months, and I don't want anything conductive.

I was leaning towards Arctic Ceramique. Are there any better choices for GPU thermal paste?
 
Nope, for exposed cores, I use Ceramique (as its also non-conductive) and for heat spreaders, I use AS5.
 
My personal favorite is MX-3. It doesn't smear like some of the older greases do, and if you apply too much pressure you'll actually 'spread' it right off of the chip. VERY easy to tell if you got a spot too thick or too thin, and it's non-conductive.
 
I use ICDiamond on my gpu's. Works great, got a drop in temps from it as well.
 
I always like arctic silver 5 for anything thats not exposed always seems to do a great job and it's not to expensive
 
I think I might just get MX-4, since it seems to perform very similarly to ICDiamond, and will be easier to spread. The main kicker is that I can buy it locally for $10 cheaper.

Thanks.

I always like arctic silver 5 for anything thats not exposed always seems to do a great job and it's not to expensive

I'm not really seeing the benefit of AS5 anymore. I mean, if you still have some left over, sure. But otherwise, it's beat out by newer non conductive pastes like MX-4 and ICD7.
 
Back
Top