Best GPU for $100 these days ?

metallicaband

Limp Gawd
Preferably used to get something with more value.

Also when will the next line of GPUs be released for both brands? Haven't been keeping up with the GPU news lately

r9 280x should be able to be got used on ebay.......miners are dumping stock as fast as they can........it handles anything at 1080p except crysis 3 at max settings......might get lucky and passes the warranty to you...or get a square trade to protect yourself ......im very happy with mine...they for sale section is also a good choice...i paid 200 for mine.....and it was well worth it

good luck

r9 280x should be able to be got used on ebay.......miners are dumping stock as fast as they can........it handles anything at 1080p except crysis 3 at max settings......might get lucky and passes the warranty to you...or get a square trade to protect yourself ......im very happy with mine...they for sale section is also a good choice...i paid 200 for mine.....and it was well worth it

good luck

on what ebay/forum are your shopping where im not.........280x no way you couldnt get a 7950 for 100 and thats an older 280x is just a rebranded

280x is a re-branded 7970. No way you are going to find that for under $150.

New you are looking at a 260x which goes on sale every other week.

Used you are looking at a 270x. i.e. this one

BTW, for used cards, stick to xfx, asus, and msi if you want a warranty as those are the only AMD manufactures who support transferable warranties.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i guess i figured a used one might go cheap...i have a buddy who bought like 10 when mining was off he hook.....he offered me one for free is why i guessed it could be got cheap...i guess i was off on the going rate:( but it would be nice...maybe a 7950 could be got?;)

i guess i figured a used one might go cheap...i have a buddy who bought like 10 when mining was off he hook.....he offered me one for free is why i guessed it could be got cheap...i guess i was off on the going rate:( but it would be nice...maybe a 7950 could be got?;)

i got my 7950 for $100 but that was craigslist and haggled the price down $50. the guy who sold it to me never had it registered for warrenty and while registering it i found out i even got the black edition :)

If you look on slickdeals there is a 750ti for $105 right now and yesterday a 7850 for $85 so not bad deals right now.

For a new card you can sometimes catch an HD 7850 2GB for $90 (after an MIR).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131562

Out of stock at the moment, but the rebate check seems to be paid in a timely manner according to the reviews and its in the form of a $30 check instead of a rebate "card". You can actually deposit it and use it to pay off the bill for buying it.

Back