Best GPU cooler for 7800GT?

Artluo100

Limp Gawd
Any recommendations? The two that are on my list are the Arctic Cooling and the Zalman one. Which one is better? Also which model?

My GPU fan is loud :(

Both are extremely quiet. You'd be looking at the AC NV Silencer, not sure which model, and the Zalman VF700

I've heard the Zalman is better if you want lower temperatures for your GPU; I have the NV Silencer 5 on my 7800 GTX and I like it because it expels the hot air out of the case, so not only does it lower my GPU temperature, it also lowers case and CPU temperature.

Air: NV Silencer 5 Rev 3 or Zalman VF700 (I think theres a new one coming out soon too) or Stasis Icestorm (gets load of about 50ish

WC: Stasis Neptune, MAZE4GPU, Swiftech MCW55 or 60

I've read the Zalman is better for GPU cooling only; Silencer for case cooling too (since no hot air from the GPU). Don't know the GPU cooling temps between the two.

I just attached my new NV Silencer 5 rev 3 and I dunno what the deal is, but I am still getting temps in the 60s when playing BF2. It's definitely quieter (I can't hear it even with the fan maxed using Riva Tuner), but I was expecting better performance.

that seems pretty good , i have a Zalman , i get round 62C in game (CS Source for about 1hr or 2)

My 78GT hits 69C under full load, never went higher than that w/ the stock Copper eVGA cooler. It's also OCed (@ factory) to 470/1100 :D

That's not bad for completely stock, eh?

EDIT:

NVM, I just read the post above mine and w/ that high OC @ only 60ish, wow, that's a great cooler o_O

Check your AC cooler. I hadn't really put mine on right + I used ASC.

I have both and for future systems... AC is the winner... ONLY because it pushes HOT air out of the case.

If both were the same I'd probably do the Zalman...

Both are great but like I said... I'd do the Zalman.

I like the new AC + Heatpipe and the Zalman looks really nice...

I was a little down because none of the new ones push the hot air out. That is big for me.

Mine's definitely mounted correctly + I removed the stock thermal junk and instead used AS5 for the GPU. Hitting ~65C @ 479/1120.

Ew the nv78..i heard bad stories about those..especially since of the 90degree barbs...restrict flow

I don't mind much about airflow I have about 4 fans in the case. Which one is quieter??

Artluo100 said:
I don't mind much about airflow I have about 4 fans in the case. Which one is quieter??

TBH, I don't really know. I have the Zalman on my 6800 in my dually rig and the NV Silencer on my 7800 in my main rig and I can't hear either one.

I have the Zalman 700's on both my 7800GT OC's. A huge difference both in temperature as well as noise. I went from 46c idle down to 39c and 68c load to 54c. Excellent coolers in my opinion.

-E

Back