Best Gaming / Office chair?

Serta Smart Layers Jennings Super Task Big and Tall Chair BlackSlate by Office Depot & OfficeMax

In got this one about 9 months back it's great.....It's wide enough and the arms raise and lower depending how I rest my elbows on the chair. Good for mouse use and adjustable tables. It's durable had a very long warranty like 10 years springs inside the seat so it doesn't' flatten. I can clean it with Carpet cleaner and it will be fresh and clean. The only thing I don't like about it I wish It would raise a 2-3 inches higher it raises but then I just lower my table. You want to relax in a chair and keep your spine in shape get this chair.

The chairs are just very comfortable, I did not believe but they are so cool! The skin does not smell and comfort from everywhere, not that it flies them, but it is true! I'll punish them with my friends too!

o-EMPEROR-200-GAMING-CHAIR-570.jpg

It made me smiling! :D

Doesn't do much help to your cause but I'd like to put Iron Throne as my gaming seat...One day..One day..

Herman Miller Aeron is the best chair for all day use, and it lasts forever. It comes in sizes matched to your height and weight. That's more important than you think.

I spent 18+ hours in mine on multiple occasions with no problem whatsoever. Any other chair would have crippled me after that long.

If it breaks they send someone to your house/office to fix it. 100% free. Not sure what the warranty is now but it was 15 years when I bought mine.

You can buy replacement parts to fix it yourself. What other chair has spare parts available?

Pretty much every city has dealers that sell used ones if you can't afford new.

For the OP...

NEW DEALER

Continental Office - Pittsburgh
322 N Shore Drive
Suite 300
Pittsburgh, PA 15212

USED DEALERS in Pittsburgh:

http://www.myofficefurniture.net/manufacturer/herman-miller/

http://www.officemart-pittsburgh.com/

I'm flat out scared to purchase a gaming chair I never tried one a guy I work with swears by them but he spent 800.00 on one.
I guess the Secret Labs Omega I wouldn't mind trying which are 399.99 for the Titan version which is the only good looking chair because it has a wide seat.

Right now I'm sitting in Serta Fabric chair I picked up for 98.00
I had to cut with a utilty knife t he plastic armsrests about 1/4 cause they were sharp and digging into the sides of my legs now they it's 90% better.
Really would like to try a gaming chair though. I know for a fact sometimes the more comfortable chairs are not the best chairs because you can sit lazily in them and
your lumbar or other parts of your back will start to hurt or bind.

I've done a lot of research on the topic and I grant there may have been some major development in the last year or two, but in general I'd say "no" when it comes to "Racer" style chairs. After all, a racer car style seat is designed to do different things and support a different posture than working at a computer/desk etc. In addition, most of these "racer" types fall into what I like to call the "ergonomic dead zone" regarding price performance. From about $250-500 or even more there are a lot of chairs, racers included, that have higher costs but really aren't any better for you or more comfortable than a $200 or less task chair. "True" ergonomic chairs tend to start at around $800 and can go up to several thousands though there is a MASSIVE diminishing returns after $2000 (of actual functionality - you can pay a lot for aesthetic only features at the high end like chrome and leather) unless you count those "Not really a chair, huge workstation dealy that holds your monitors and whatnot while you're in a recumbent pose" like JDL linked

For those on a budget that would normally fall into the "Racer" chair lineup, I highly suggest looking into true ergo seating. There are a few in the $400-500 range new that would be a better use of your cash, but the real luck of the draw comes from buying one of the high end ergo brands used. There are used office supply warehouses that offer tons of Steelcase, Herman Miller, Humanscale etc... chairs in great conditions that were sitting in a boardroom or some exec's office for a year before they upgraded or closed out; its a way to get the good stuff on a budget! If you are buying new and can afford it , Steelcase / Herman Miller / Humanscale and a few others make quality ergo chairs, but as someone who sat in maxed out versions of them all (plus some crazy $5000 pieces of absolute junk that were more for looking good than proper seating) I chose something different: Lifeform Ultimate Executive. They're made by a small boutique Canadian company to order, have great options both for aesthetic and function, and the entire thing is covered in temperature sensitive memory foam! If anyone wants more info feel free to ask or PM me for details.

In all my research I was disappointed by most "racer" chairs and urge others to look for proper "ergonomic" seating, high end if it can be afforded, as it will pay off in the end. No matter your budget though, there are probably ways to get a good solid chair that may have very little marketing but provides a great experience

I have found two big issues with the racing chairs, one they are not very durable, the maxnomic dominator model I got started flaking on the leather in 2 years due to sitting on my foot/a leg propped in the chair and they don't sell replacement bases, you have to buy the whole chair.
Second, they are extremely firm, which in my case works well due to having a fused spine, for many I imagine it would cause back-pain rather than reduce/avoid it.

Don't get me wrong the thing looks sweet, has alot of adjustment options to get the angle perfect, and its comfortable enough for me, but thats about the extent of it for a $400 price tag extremely disappointing especially in the longevity.

I'm flat out scared to purchase a gaming chair I never tried one a guy I work with swears by them but he spent 800.00 on one.
I guess the Secret Labs Omega I wouldn't mind trying which are 399.99 for the Titan version which is the only good looking chair because it has a wide seat.

Right now I'm sitting in Serta Fabric chair I picked up for 98.00
I had to cut with a utilty knife t he plastic armsrests about 1/4 cause they were sharp and digging into the sides of my legs now they it's 90% better.
Really would like to try a gaming chair though. I know for a fact sometimes the more comfortable chairs are not the best chairs because you can sit lazily in them and
your lumbar or other parts of your back will start to hurt or bind.

Bud, you created a whole separate thread on this in the gaming forum and then you bumped a year old thread when you know there is a dedicated sub-forum for this topic (Gaming & Office Furniture) now.

Back