Best Gaming Mousepad out right now?

MapleSyrupMods

Bring on Titan X Volta
I'm looking for a new mousepad to accompany my new Logitech G5 mouse. I want to know in your guys minds, what is the best mousepad out right now and why? I will base my decision on that. I guess as of right now a few that are in mind are:
Razer eXact Mat
Razer Mantis
fUNC 1030
IceMat

Oops, Sorry about that, I also just noticed that as soon as I made my post, Please Lock and Disregard. :p

No no, I encourage discussion.

I only wrote it so it could be a first stop, to help you better learn about the products you are considering.

Feel free to make threads to get user input. :)

Well, I do like reviews and all, but I like to get imput from people on these boards as they use generally one Pad only, and they can give a much more in depth review of what they think about it, not just a 1 week trial period. I definately am taking a liking to the fUnc 1030 pad as it has the Cable Managment, but also am interested in the Icemat. I have a glass computer table, so if this would be the same thing as putting it on there, I wont bother.

I used a fUNC for many years, and absolutely loved it. Big surface, doesn't slip, dual sided. Easy to clean and wax if you wanted to.

All around for the money you can't beat it.

Rich Tate said:
I used a fUNC for many years, and absolutely loved it. Big surface, doesn't slip, dual sided. Easy to clean and wax if you wanted to.

All around for the money you can't beat it.

Rich's post FTW. I'm using a Func 1030 and I love da dern ting.

I like my func too, but I only use the rough side. If a leprechaun stole mine, I'd probably get one of the newer funcs. They are available in a normal size and a huge one, smooth or rough, for a total of 4 options. Who knows, maybe it is built to last even longer. Rough pads can wear out, the func has a decent rep for not doing so rapidly. I'd probably get the rough normal size as i think it would have a bit more usable space than my original rectangular pad. Since you're not hooked on a side the 1030 is still a worthy option.

I liked the func 1030 as well, but it definitely was not suited for my style of mouse use. I use low sensitivity and its relatively small size was a definite setback. I am now using a Steelpad QCK+ and I can hardly see myself without it now. For me, it is probably the most perfect any mouse pad can get. It isn't too slick, but it definitely isn't sluggish. Large size is a plus for low sensitivity users.

Seems like alot of people are using the fUnc1030, Im definately considering this one, I wont be ordering a new pad till about next month when I make my next order of new parts so I have a little bit of time to hear lots more opinions I guess.

I love my Razer exactMat. It may not be as smooth as a ratpadz gs "when new", but it sure is close and it will last forever because it is bonded to aluminum.

Silverado SS said:
I love my Razer exactMat. It may not be as smooth as a ratpadz gs "when new", but it sure is close and it will last forever because it is bonded to aluminum.

I agree with Silverado, Ive got the Exactmat from Razer and I love it.

I'm currently using the Everglide Destukt and I love it. I'm a fan of cloth pads though, so I can't say much on the hard ones. They just don't feel right.

I used the Func 1030 for a while and was happy with it until the pad kept getting separated from the rubber base. Then I got the Razor exactmat (to go with the Razor mouse) and love it, nothing to come apart, feels and looks great, I highly recommend it over anything else I ever used (and I've used most of them over the years).

Been using a RatPadz GS at work (I do AutoCAD) and at home for gaming for about 3 years now. Love them both, although I'm probably gonna need to pick up a new pair in the near future.

hrm, no offense to the [H], but I personally wouldn't recommend a Ratpadz. Super-slick at first, but wears out in a matter of months. I would definitely get a metal or glass pad.

prtzlboy said:
hrm, no offense to the [H], but I personally wouldn't recommend a Ratpadz. Super-slick at first, but wears out in a matter of months. I would definitely get a metal or glass pad.

I guess you missed the "used them for about 3 years" part of my post...

jaqattack02 said:
I guess you missed the "used them for about 3 years" part of my post...

Nope. Both of mine wore down to flat spots in a matter of months, and that was with regular changing of teflon tape on my mouse. I wasn't giving an opinion on your experience, I was giving an opinion on my experience.

I may be posting on the [H], but I'm not going to say their pad is the best when clearly it's not. It is cheaper, though, so take that into account.

Most reviews you read on mousepads are only first impressions. For the first month or so, the Ratpadz is probably the slickest pad I've ever used, but I'm not going to buy a new one every month.

Ratpadz get scuffed up, I would not blow my money on one of those. How do I know you ask? My friend has one.

Back