Best Gaming Mouse Pad

Thanks mang. The only thing putting me off from the Talent is its size, meaning with my current desk setup I don't have room for a large pad. I think after I get my Galant put together, I'll pick one up (or possibly a Goliathus). Which surface do you prefer between those two? Guess I'll rule the QcK pads out for now.

Good stuff. I've got a jerker here and it provides ample room for my all my shit including my talent. I still feel the talent is the best pad out of those three.

A low sensitivity isn't really the answer to everything. I can understand people who can't handle the high sensitivity, but you cannot really play most games with such a low sensitivity that you are using...

What people should go for it a sensitivity they can control with ease and be able to do a quick 180* degree turn perfectly...

This will differ from person to person, but with a sensitivity as low as what you use would not suit a game like Quake where you have to quickly adjust to shooting people in the air, below you, behind you, whatever the case. Where as in a game like CS you just have to get your crosshair as close to the wall as you can and shoot slower moving targets, in that case you may benefit from a lower sensitivity more...

I can do a quick 180 turn and you're correct when I played quake seriously for a stint there I used a smidgen higher but not much. The pads big enough for me to use a sense like I do and be able to 180 or turn quickly with a swipe or two.

wow... those look really nice. maybe I will try one out. thanks for the suggestion.

Currently using an A4Tech X7-801MP. It's fairly large at 10.5x13.3, but is dual-sided and feels very planted. Luckily this one one popped up on eBay and I snagged it for $6.

I'm currently debating between the CorePad C1 and the Puretrack Talent. The Ozone Ground Level and C4 Ngen look good too. Hmmm...I wish there was a way to test these things before buying them!

So I've been using my Qck for a bit now and it's very similar to my prior Allsop pad, just bigger. So I'm happy for now.

Just picked up one of the Steelseries Qck's. Not the big boy just the 12". Just going to start using it today. It's still has some bumps in it but I can't really feel them.

When I got mine I just put it between two coffee table books overnight, takes the roll out of it. :)

My desk, that is the best mouse pad ever. I used to use mouse pads but every since optical and now laser is out, I just use the desk.

as a very good twitch gamer, i dont see any noticeable difference in mouse pads. Its minuscule compared to other things that could make you a better gamer.
I current use a Func Pad but that was more of an impulse buy as I was building a new PC. I have played equally well with a super cheap mousepad. But one thing I find that helps alot is using a wrist rest. When you game your wrist should be doing the movement, it has more precision than moving your entire forearm. A wrist rest helps isolate your wrist to control the mouse.

as a very good twitch gamer, i dont see any noticeable difference in mouse pads. Its minuscule compared to other things that could make you a better gamer.
I current use a Func Pad but that was more of an impulse buy as I was building a new PC. I have played equally well with a super cheap mousepad. But one thing I find that helps alot is using a wrist rest. When you game your wrist should be doing the movement, it has more precision than moving your entire forearm. A wrist rest helps isolate your wrist to control the mouse.

I agree, but it's recommended to not use your wrist due to the risk of RSI. I'm in the nasty habit of using my wrist too as I feel it offers more control, but you really should be using your arm to move the mouse..

I know... I know... It's a looooooooooooooooooong ass necropost...

However, why start a new thread if one already exists? :p

I've been looking at this pad that Blue Channell recommended.

However, I figured I'd see if people's opinions have changed in the past couple years.

I'm still kicking around a cheap allsop pad, it's one of the relatively thin pads with the soft, fine weave cloth on it. I find I prefer it to textured plastic, plastics are slicker but also harder to use for fine control tasks like photo retouching, and I didn't find they made gaming any better than a high quality cloth surface with mouse that has lots of teflon stuck to the bottom. I also like how fabric/foam pads are much quieter than any plastic pad or credit card thin surface. When this allsop wears out someday, I'll probably get one of the gaming cloth pads like you linked to.

I agree, but it's recommended to not use your wrist due to the risk of RSI. I'm in the nasty habit of using my wrist too as I feel it offers more control, but you really should be using your arm to move the mouse..

You can't play shooter games by moving your whole arm instead of using your wrist for accuracy. Not very well anyway.

You can't play shooter games by moving your whole arm instead of using your wrist for accuracy. Not very well anyway.

Not true at all.

To those asking, I'm still enjoying my talent. Haven't found a cloth pad yet that beats it. If you are okay with a smaller size the Zowie cloth pads are pretty nice but too small to be practical for my particular application.

Whatever cheapy cloth walmart sells. I can't believe people have pad preferences, honestly.

I just want one of the good ol' original icemats, except I guess in a smaller size. I don't need something as big as a fucking ringbinder pushing my keyboard so far left I may as well play with the arrow keys as WASD, which is apparently what all hard mousemats feel they need to be.

the ratpadz xt is honestly the best thing i've ever used

QFT and I'm not just being a [H] groupie (which I am btw, love this place!). I tried quite a few beforehand but the ratpad is damn near perfect man.

Totally false

Tell that to strenx, some of the best aim in Quake right now and well known for it. His sensitivity is like 52cm/360, he uses his arm instead of just wrist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2KC-2jA1DY

I'm still kicking around a cheap allsop pad, it's one of the relatively thin pads with the soft, fine weave cloth on it. I find I prefer it to textured plastic, plastics are slicker but also harder to use for fine control tasks like photo retouching, and I didn't find they made gaming any better than a high quality cloth surface with mouse that has lots of teflon stuck to the bottom. I also like how fabric/foam pads are much quieter than any plastic pad or credit card thin surface. When this allsop wears out someday, I'll probably get one of the gaming cloth pads like you linked to.

The QCK is very slick actually, really (pleasantly) surprised me when I got it.

What pad is he using?

It's a Fnatic edition QcK most likely. Most professional Quake players use fairly low sensitivities and big cloth pads with a style that involves a lot of both full arm movement and wrist movement. You can't get away with just using your wrist with a really low sensitivity, and the wide range of motion actually gives them very good accuracy. That guy is using a sensitivity about 1/3-1/4 of what I use, which is pretty common for them.

I have owned 3 different ratpadz throughout the years and loved them all. For the last 5 years I have been using an icemat. The only complaint I had about the ratpadz is they were rough on my wrist, which at the time with ball mice the roughness was great for tracking.

This guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S77MJg-v4sY

look at all that wrist movement.

There's plenty of arm movement, and lots of lifting the mouse to compensate. Go look at someone like rapha, the difference is huge.

It's a Fnatic edition QcK most likely. Most professional Quake players use fairly low sensitivities and big cloth pads with a style that involves a lot of both full arm movement and wrist movement. You can't get away with just using your wrist with a really low sensitivity, and the wide range of motion actually gives them very good accuracy. That guy is using a sensitivity about 1/3-1/4 of what I use, which is pretty common for them.

It's definitely a QCK+, strenx is really at the lower end even among pros.

Back