Best gaming Laptop for UNDER $1500

Foz2001

[H]ard|Gawd
So what can I get for Under $1500? i dont really care about weight or anything, I just want it to perform. Thanks

Hands down, a dell 9300. 1.6 Pentium M, 1.28 gigs ram (1 gig from newegg), 256MB Geforce go 6800, 80 gig hd, 17" wuxga - $1171 + $115 ram = $1286.

Wait for a $750 coupon / and price it like that.

Scores 1000-2000 higher in 3dmark05 than the other two mentioned, cheaper than the other two mentioned, and plays any game at max res / max settings except for bf2, you'll have to "settle" for textures on medium and everything else on high at max res if you only have a gig of ram.

750$ coupon? so thats how everyone is pricing that damn thing out, I was customizing it and It was wayy over budget... hmm how often do those come around? And im in canada, I dont know if they have those coupons on the canadian dell site... anybody know?

Ugh, sorry man. Coupons are only for the US site. Maybe you could get someone to order you one and ship it to you? (Ideally you'd have to know the person). For the price though, I think it'd be worth the hassle. Good luck.

Chalk up another vote for the Dell 9300. As mentioned though, good luck finding someone to buy it in the US for you with either a $750 off, or a 35%-40% off coupon.

9300, right they have the 40% off cupuon which should let you get a very nice 9300. Make sure to only get 256 of ram and order a 1GB Trancend from newegg for 100$. I love my 9300, and if you want decent battery life, make sure to get the 9 Cell, as the 6 cell is pretty weak.

I have a question about that Sager laptop for sale at PCTorque. does it have little "legs" near the back of the laptop that lift the chassis for airflow to a fan at the bottom? If so that's pretty much a deal breaker for me. I'd prefer a fan that pulls air in and blows it out from the side(s) and/or back so I can put it on my lap without having to have something underneath it. the 3880 does have nice specs though.

Everyones Saying Dell 9300.
but no one posted $750 coupon for it.
does it even exist?
i want 1 so bad!!! my desktop started cranking.

e-value code for insp 9300 anyone?
without instant saving on it.
so i can attach coupon on it??
please help!!!

How can I get the 9300 cheap? I'm in Canada and can't get that huge savings coupons. I also dont know anyone who I could get to order in the states..... anybody have any idea's?

Inspiron 9300
Date & Time: August 15,2005 12:32 PM CST

SYSTEM COMPONENTS
Inspiron 9300 Qty 1
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB), Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition Unit Price $2,001.00
Dell Home Customers
LIMITED TIME OFFER! Remove Coupon
- $750.00

Catalog Number: 29
Module Description Show Details
Inspiron 9300 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Display 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 256MB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 1 Dimm
Video Card 256MB NVIDA® GeForce™ Go 6800
Hard Drive 80GB Hard Drive
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD/DVD Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
Wireless Networking Card Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)
Office Productivity Software No productivity suite - Corel WordPerfect word processor only
Security Software No Security Subscription
Digital Music Musicmatch® Jukebox Basic
Primary Battery 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (80 WHr)
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options No Extended Service, Support or Ltd Warranty
Internet Access: Dial-Up 6 Months EarthLink Internet Access Included
Digital Imaging Photo Album™ SE Basic
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service & Support
Financial Software No QuickBooks package selected- Includes limited use trial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dell 720 Color Printer Qty 1
Free Dell Color Printer 720 Unit Price $0.00
Dell Color Printer 720 Free Dell Color Printer 720
Hardware Support Services 1Yr Ltd. Warranty- Advance Exchange

TOTAL:$1,251.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maxkilla said:
Inspiron 9300
Date & Time: August 15,2005 12:32 PM CST

SYSTEM COMPONENTS
Inspiron 9300 Qty 1
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB), Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition Unit Price $2,001.00
Dell Home Customers
LIMITED TIME OFFER! Remove Coupon
- $750.00

Inspiron 9300 Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Display 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 256MB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 1 Dimm
Video Card 256MB NVIDA® GeForce™ Go 6800
Hard Drive 80GB Hard Drive
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD/DVD Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
Wireless Networking Card Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)
Office Productivity Software No productivity suite - Corel WordPerfect word processor only
Security Software No Security Subscription
Digital Music Musicmatch® Jukebox Basic
Primary Battery 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (80 WHr)
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options No Extended Service, Support or Ltd Warranty
Internet Access: Dial-Up 6 Months EarthLink Internet Access Included
Digital Imaging Photo Album™ SE Basic
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service & Support
Financial Software No QuickBooks package selected- Includes limited use trial

Dell 720 Color Printer Qty 1
Free Dell Color Printer 720 Unit Price $0.00
Dell Color Printer 720 Free Dell Color Printer 720
Hardware Support Services 1Yr Ltd. Warranty- Advance Exchange

TOTAL:$1,251.00

you made your own thread with your questions and this exact post... so why are you piggy backing on this one?

anyway I think im out of luck getting a 9300 for the prices you guys are getting them for. I am looking at the dell site and I am up over 2 grand CDN for a basic 9300 with a 6800.... What other options do I have here?

Back