Best Gaming Audio Card around 100$

reminiser16

Limp Gawd
What is the best card around 100$? The cheaper the better but dont want crap. I will be using headphones...

reminiser16 said:
What is the best card around 100$? The cheaper the better but dont want crap. I will be using headphones...

Didn't Circuit City or someone have an X-Fi Extreme Music for like $80-$90? Try to find that card, it's the best gaming card you will get for $100ish (even more so for headphones).

I refuse to buy any product that includes "extreme" in the title. I guess I have to boycott X-Fi totally. Good riddance. :rolleyes:

Empyrean said:
I refuse to buy any product that includes "extreme" in the title. I guess I have to boycott X-Fi totally. Good riddance. :rolleyes:

Hmm... that policy won't get you far in life. :p

I would also recommend getting the ExtremeMusic. No point in getting anything else really.

Empyrean said:

Your loss then...

Empyrean said:

X-Fi is the current generation of Creative’s line of consumer sound cards, and Creative currently makes the only sound cards that will noticeably increase performance in games.

Furthermore, Creative’s EAX solution is by far the best for gaming.

Other than the X-Fi, no matter how awful the name may appear, you do not have a choice excluding the Audigy 2 ZS which is nothing more than the older generation of the X-Fi.

Having extreme in its name helps it sell; many more products that come out in the future will have extreme in their names, too. Just get over it, it will not go away and will only hurt your future decisions.

Empyrean said:
Extreme stupidity is more like it. :rolleyes:

Empyrean said:
Well, you're in luck! Because it is the X tremeMusic, not Ex trememusic

saber07 said:
Well, you're in luck! Because it is the X tremeMusic, not Ex trememusic
Nicely put.:)

As for Empy, I have the XtremeMusic card and I have nothing but good things to say about it, so get over yourself.:) And I hope Nomikal is right when he says you're joking. :p

p0intblank said:
Nicely put.:)

As for Empy, I have the XtremeMusic card and I have nothing but good things to say about it, so get over yourself.:) And I hope Nomikal is right when he says you're joking. :p
ur setup looks almost Identical to what im buying tommorrow.

reminiser16 said:
in my cart
Well :p @ you! lol

I still have a couple months till I get close to having enuff. I'll prolly buy parts as money comes in so some parts will most likely change. I do already have the XtremeMusic though. I ordered it 2 weeks ago and slapped it into my P4 rig. I went from using onboard sound. :(

Back