Best games to test new display?

Alan Wake II
Cyberpunk 2077
Doom Eternal
Layers of Fear (2023)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

anything that supports those. ori and the will of the wisps(or whatever its called) is supposed to be pretty impressive for hdr, avatar looks that way too. RDR2 is supposed to too but mine doesnt seem to work right...

Avatar is impressive but does not offer (or I could not find) any of the classic way to adjust brightness (in sdr or hdr) I am yet quite unsure in the intro should i be able to see or not, has npc use flashlight in almost bright dayline when I did put hdr on while it was quite dark for a mainstream video game with HDR off.

Resident Evil Village has some of the best HDR grading of any game I've yet played in HDR. Jedi Survivor also has good HDR grading and is quite a bit of fun as well.

I would second Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. I said in the r&c thread that this game has big screen oled written all over it. It's so vibrant looking. I'm waiting a bit because I'm not sure how engaging the actual gameplay is gonna be, seems kinda kiddie. I just wanna see it run more than anything. I'll probably play it through though, for sure.

Also don't forget about Horizon Forbidden West when it releases next year...still no set date? It'll probably be day 1 for me. Gonna be another stunner.

Just got a new OLED, 4K, HDR, ect?

What games should I use to test it out? Thoughts?
-Alan Wake 2 (make sure to turn on HGiG tone mapping in your TV options)
-Cyberpunk 2077
-Hitman 2
-Spiderman
-Uncharted 4
-Assassin's Creed Origins
-Forza Motorsport

Some games seem to have better implementation than others. With some games the HDR looks a little flat, where other games it looks more popping and lifelike - regardless of which in-game settings used. Which is why I included Origins, despite it being an older AC game.

Epic pinball and supaplex via dosbox-staging with crt-shaders and vrr enabled.

Back