best games of all time (PC)

TRIBES

StarsiegeTribesBox.jpg

TRIBES 2

tribes2gk1.jpg

My favorites!

i always enjoyed tribes 2 more than tribes 1... that game was fantastically complex....

i was really disappointed with vengeance.... but mostly because it failed.... the toned down fragfest that it was, was pretty damn good in all actuality... but lack of a patch + nonexistent player base after a few months did suck in the end....

My top 5 (Can't list Quake 1 huh?):
1) Planescape: Torment
2) Warcraft II
3) Everquest
4) Baldur's Gate 1+2 (complete story)
5) Quake III

1. The Baldur's Gate Trilogy
2. Grim Fandango (though I've only played through the game with a walkthrough, still holds a very dear place in my heart)
3. a modded Oblivion...yes it had its problems, but I still spent hundreds of hours with it. And I do believe Morrowind to be a superior game, I just could never completely get into it.
4. The Sims...spent too much time with these games to not mention them.
5. Monkey Island series is brilliant.

ahhhh so many amazing memories....

back in the day and still pop in every once in a while:
Delta Force Task Force Dagger
Diablo 2 LOD
Command And Conquer Red Alert 2 (those Telsa Coils were pure serenity....)
Finaly Fantasy 7
Vampire The Masqurade: Redemption

Lately:
Counterstrike Source
Half Life 2
Race Driver Grid
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Overlord (goofy i know, but its hilarious watching/listening to the goblins gang rape bad guys)

Ultima Online
StarCraft
WarCraft
WarCraft II
Duke Nukem (DOS platformer)
Duke Nukem II (DOS platformer)
Unreal (the original)
Unreal Tournament (the first)

The old DOS Duke Nukem games were awesome. I remember playing them when I was a kid.

Sam & Max (the original DOS game) or Grim Fandango. So many fond memories of those games, but if I had to pick I'd lean towards the former.

In no particular order:

1) EverQuest
2) Deus Ex
3) Command & Conquer: Red Alert
4) Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
5) World of Warcraft

I'm real big into point and click games so heres mine:

Post Mortom
Dark Fall
Motor City Online (God i loved that game--EA i hate you for taking it down!!)
Call of Duty 4
Syberia 1&2
Still Life

Half-Life is probably the game I am most nostalgic for. I still like the way that game plays and looks--even today.

Allegiance
Tie Fighter
NOLF
CSS
Freespace 2
Planescape
KOTOR (wtb restoration project)
HL1
COD1
SS2
Fallout (not 3)
Day of the Tentacle
Grim Fandango
Jedi Knight 1-3
Company of Heroes

Total Annihilation
No game matched the size, re playability, amount of content or fun.
The reason why after 10 years is still considered the best RTS of all time and almost always in the top 10 of Best Game Of All Time votes.

Diablo 1&2
Fallout 1,2,3
CS
Lineage 2
AoE 2
Heroes 2,3,4
Supreme Commander

SP:

HL1 - It is what turned me into a PC gamer from a DIE HARD consoler.
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - I still remember when you first land on the beach, as if I just played yesterday.
Max Payne Series - The slow motion at the time was just phenomenal. I remember watching a video with some crazy foreign guy raving about the first one before it's release. I think I watched the video at least 5 times. First/last time I ever pre-ordered a game.
COD4 - I remember the crazy emotions I felt playing this one. I felt like a real life hero after beating it. lolz

MP:
Quake 3 (Instagib Mod!) - This was my ADDICTION in middle school.
CS - This was my ADDICTION in high school.
BF1942 - I remember when the demo first came out, me and a friend played it for 48 hours straight minus bathroom/food breaks. I have never stayed up so long playing a game for so many hours in one sitting.
Serious Sam Series - Best co-op experience in my life. Me and my friends have played through this dozens of times. I can't wait for SS3!!!

Best games on PC

Gta series, amazing game, gta 3 was relase in 2001 it was a breakthrough and still best in gener
Civilization all 2,3,4
Total War series
Battlefield 2
Half life 2
Fear series
Oblivion

itd.

My top 6:

Wing Commander series
Privateer series
Falcon 4.0
Deus Ex
Half-Life (all of it)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

Honorable Mention:

Freespace 2
Descent
X2/X3 series
Myst
Unreal
Far Cry
Battlezone II

Counter-Strike, hard to argue with a game from 1999 still being one of the most popular online multiplayer games today 10 years later.

1. Quake 3 with Rocket Arena 3 mod
2. Day of Defeat 1.3 beta
3. Counter Strike 5.2 beta

StarCraft
Diablo II
World of WarCraft
CounterStrike
Half-Life/Half-Life 2
System Shock 2
Battlefield 2

Except Quake Live recently just totally fucked up their gameplay.. and there's no gibs. They ruined the weapon damage and health/armor systems to make it cater to newbs who get "killed too quickly".. I won't be playing Quake Live anymore unless it's fixed. There's just far too many bugs as well.

Except Quake Live recently just totally fucked up their gameplay.. and there's no gibs. They ruined the weapon damage and health/armor systems to make it cater to newbs who get "killed too quickly".. I won't be playing Quake Live anymore unless it's fixed. There's just far too many bugs as well.

whats wrong with the health/armor? i know you get about double the amount you used to get in RA3 in clan arena... but theres nothing wrong with that... the good players still beat the shit outta the bad players, even more so now....

for weapon damage, the only thing i can see that is different is that the shotgun is much more powerful... but IMHO... thats a positive change.....

just because quake live is an update quake 3 does not mean it has to be *exactly* like quake 3.... i can live without the gibs.... i mean thats just not what quake 3 was about anyway...

you said you dont play quake live.... do you still play quake 3? i havent played q3 in a while because it was a bitch to get installed (and i wasnt sure if there was a community left) ... would def love to know is RA3 is still alive and well

200/200 turned QL into a spamfest, and you lose all health/armor prediction which was the original strategy in Q3 during online play. In QL, they also turned the rail damage really low, lowered the rocket splash damage, increased the plasma spam damage, and dynamically increased the lightning gun spam damage. Basically all they did was take all the skill based aspects of the game and turned it into a newb friendly spamfest where all you have is people holding down their mouse button. They made it so unskilled people live longer and have a chance by spamming. The strategy is gone. Oh, and they removed the ability to timenudge, so my shots are not hitting where they should either. As far as the gibs go, they decided to take the politically correct route to please german liberal politicians, or at least thats what the developers are saying. It's good to know we were sold out for some euro-pussies' agenda. So yeah, I'm sticking with Q3 and RA3.

not surprised how this list is so slanted toward the late 90s and early 2000s.

So many gems from the 80s to mid 90s not even mentioned. It's a shame.

Back