Best game for OLED visual experience?

OpenSource Ghost

Limp Gawd
Some games just don't take advantage of OLED contrast ratio. I don't care for HDR, only SDR. Rainbow Six: Siege doesn't look any better (except for Favela map) on OLED than it does on LCD, but games that take advantage of contast most definitely do. What are some of the best games to experience on OLED?

I imagine all horror games will get you there.

All the Resident Evil Remakes
Souls titles
Heck even Diablo 3/PoE

Digging Returnal on the OLED. The combination of dark environments mixed with bright, detailed particle effects is the perfect game to show off the TV.

Returnal definitely looks like a great game to play on an OLED

I don't have an OLED. But any of the Batman ARKHAM games would look incredible. Particularly flying around Gotham. Still arguably my favorite games of all time.

Sometimes when playing old SNES and NES games, such as Castlevania 3d, the motion clarity combined with the art and colors really pops off the screen to me. It almost looks 3D to me. Reminds me of when listening to music in an acoustically treated room with expensive HiFi speakers - when you reach certain levels of clarity it gives the impression of depth.

I imagine all horror games will get you there.

All the Resident Evil Remakes
Souls titles
Heck even Diablo 3/PoE

I wish that was true. Resident Evil 2 Remake, Resident Evil 3 Remake, and Resident Evil Bioharard have good graphics, but horrible mastering. Developers literally prevent deep black level from existing in the game and replaced it with grey to give their games "filmic tone" or whatever. On top of that they also added fish eye camera effect...

I wish that was true. Resident Evil 2 Remake, Resident Evil 3 Remake, and Resident Evil Bioharard have good graphics, but horrible mastering. Developers literally prevent deep black level from existing in the game and replaced it with grey to give their games "filmic tone" or whatever. On top of that they also added fish eye camera effect...
I agree. This can be aided since the last few generations of LG OLED which lets you override and tweak the black depth curve. Obviously it would be preferable if they got it right from the start but LG did a good job of providing features to mitigate the issue.

God of War
Horizon Forbidden West
Shadow of Tomb Raider
Far Cry 6
Ass Creed Valhalla
Cyberpunk 2077
COD MW2
RE8
Halo Infinite
Forza Horizon 5

Fortnite. Man that game looks amazing especially with Unreal Engine 5.1 update. If you can run it with all bells and whistles. At 4k I get about 40 fps on oced 7900 XTX.

There's quite a few videos about this on YouTube. Just have to setup the in-game brightness correctly. Capcom did a very poor job with getting people to understand how to actually set the in game black level. Black can be pitch black if you want it.

In RE4 Remake, have to also change from sRGB to Rec709.

Last edited:
Ghostrunner, The Ascent, Returnal. but really though anything and everything just looks better.

You know, the thing...
1.jpg

Back